No announcement yet.

2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former top prospect Jon Singleton suspended 100 games for a third failed PED test.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Former top prospect Jon Singleton suspended 100 games for a third failed PED test.
      Looks like the $10m pre-debut extension he signed in 2014 was a genius move.

He is my top 5 all time busts since I started playing this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Former top prospect Jon Singleton suspended 100 games for a third failed PED test.
        BTW, the "PED" was weed...MLB needs to get into the 21st century.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Was it? Yeah, damn, I agree.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Was Singleton not on the 40 man roster? I guess not because I believe that they don't test for weed when you are on the 40 man roster.

I do agree that there is no need to test for weed anymore.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• He was outrighted a couple of years ago. And yes, a substance of abuse; third PED fail is life, I think.

Comment

• As I look over the Houston pitching staff, I wonder what kind of genius could think of assembling a starting staff and bullpen like this in today's era.

And then I realize, we've had the pleasure of exchanging posts with that genius.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  As I look over the Houston pitching staff, I wonder what kind of genius could think of assembling a starting staff and bullpen like this in today's era.

And then I realize, we've had the pleasure of exchanging posts with that genius.
                  I heard he just got lucky with one article on pitch framing 10 years ago, and has been jakeing it since....
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    I heard he just got lucky with one article on pitch framing 10 years ago, and has been jakeing it since....
                    He's definitely overrated.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      He's definitely overrated.
                      I'll have to check my spreadsheet to be sure, but sniff test says "yes, overrated"
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Top prospect Forrest Whitley suspended 50 games for PEDs

Comment

• Yuli Gurriel's hand is messed up & it could be serious -- https://twitter.com/HunterAtkins35/s...99871450894336

Comment

• Could it finally be AJ Reed's time?
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Come on Jon Singleton!
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Come on Jon Singleton!
                                True. No need for a 1B the first 100 games!

Comment

Working...
                                X