2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    SS is taken. Is Bergman the new utility bat?

J
    I'd guess 3B with Valbuena moving to 1B
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I'd guess 3B with Valbuena moving to 1B
      He played some LF the last week in Triple-A, so I'd guess 3B, LF, maybe DH. First start is at 3B.

Comment

• With Valbuena's hamstring injury last night, looks like Bregman will gain 3B eligibility pretty quickly. Don't know if there's been any reports, but it sure looked bad.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• AJ Reed recalled.

Comment

• Musgrove has looked really good (11.1 ip, 1 er, 6 h, 1 bb, 14 k) in his first two games pitching against two very tough lineups.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Looks like Gurriel is tearing up the minors already and could be called up soon. Any guesses on his stat line for the rest of the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Looks like Gurriel is tearing up the minors already and could be called up soon. Any guesses on his stat line for the rest of the season?
                They might as well because their hitting is atrocious
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Jose Altuve

Great season, looking like a front runner for the mvp.

I saw a stat on the tv the other day which showed the highest batting average on the road for a season and there he was, in second, and the other 5 or 6 names surrounding him were all time ALL time greats.

I realize the season still has 6 weeks to go but maybe we are not appreciating the production of this 5'6 player ?

{can anyone tell me how and where to que road batting average for a season ?}

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                    Jose Altuve

Great season, looking like a front runner for the mvp.

I saw a stat on the tv the other day which showed the highest batting average on the road for a season and there he was, in second, and the other 5 or 6 names surrounding him were all time ALL time greats.

I realize the season still has 6 weeks to go but maybe we are not appreciating the production of this 5'6 player ?

{can anyone tell me how and where to que road batting average for a season ?}
                    Agreed, his away numbers are absurd.

I haven't found a site to query this exactly, but mlb.com allows for querying BA for away games by season ... but you have to go year by year; here's the past 20 years (I'm arbitrarily using 200 ABs just because it's easier than figuring out the 3.1 times the number of games ... it would be nice to be able to filter these lists by qualifiers but I don't see a way to do that):

2016 Altuve .424
                    2015 DGordon .333
                    2014 Posey .348
                    2013 Loney .351
                    2012 Pierre .376
                    2011 Cabrera .339
                    2010 Posey .351
                    2009 Ramirez .353
                    2008 Aviles .340
                    2007 Pujols .358
                    2006 Cano .364
                    2005 Pujols .359
                    2004 Suzuki .405
                    2003 Sheffield .343
                    2002 Bonds .386
                    2001 Suzuki .356
                    2000 Piazza .377
                    1999 Jeter .369
                    1998 Olerud .373
                    1997 Thomas .373
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Yulieski Gurriel to be recalled today.

Comment

• Collin McHugh shut down 6 weeks. Sucks for him, but that sounds like good news for Joe Musgrove owners.

Comment

• And Mike Fiers owners I think.

Comment

• Is Fiers any more than a fringe talent, even with reliable starts?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Chris Devenski is the poor man's Dellin Betances.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Chris Devenski is the poor man's Dellin Betances.
                                He is sneaky good. I picked him up in a daily league I joined this year. The league caps the number of starts per week, and since Ddvenski is elg at SP and RP, I can stick him in any pitcher slot every day that someone else isn't pitching to rack up stats. Obviously, I wasn't expecting what has been essential two ace level 4 inning performances. Maybe they should try him as a starter with McCough out?

Comment

Working...
                                X