2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitey View Post
    FYI, Bregman started at 3B in Double-A last night.
    I guess its the seniority thing but everything I have read suggests Bregman is the better defensive SS that Correa. I am not so sure once Bregman gets the call it will be 3B he will be playing but for now it seems so.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      Marwin Gonzalez is very valuable to the team, and they may want him to give Altuve and Correa some more time off (both have started 38 of 39 games).
      Valbuena has hit well this month, and would be a natural L/R platoon with Moran.
      So if it's among those three, I would think either White goes down to make some adjustments, or Valbuena gets traded.
      Whoops forgot Moran is a lefty.
      Along with adding Gattis at C/DH, there are some significant PT questions among the five (though Marwin is probably safe, since he's needed all over the place).
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        I guess its the seniority thing but everything I have read suggests Bregman is the better defensive SS that Correa. I am not so sure once Bregman gets the call it will be 3B he will be playing but for now it seems so.
        Baseball America says average arm, average range for Bregman at SS, The only real issue with Correa is if he'd outgrow the position.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Astros sign Gurriel to a 5-yr deal, which may stop the Bregman train in its tracks for this season, unless they convert Gurriel to the OF.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Astros sign Gurriel to a 5-yr deal, which may stop the Bregman train in its tracks for this season, unless they convert Gurriel to the OF.
            Any thoughts on his impact in non-keeper leagues this year? Worth picking up for the stretch run?

Comment

• Someone is going to end up at 1st unless Reed starts to hit...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• So bummed the Mets didn't step up to sign Gurriel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Someone is going to end up at 1st unless Reed starts to hit...
                  Here's MLB Trade Rumor's thoughts:
                  "The Astros acknowledge that, with all their infield talent, Yulieski isn’t the easiest fit for them, as FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal explains (all Twitter links). They do not intend to trade top prospect Alex Bregman, however. Instead, they plan to use their DH spot to create opportunities for both Gurriel and Bregman, with Evan Gattis and A.J. Reed likely to lose playing time as a result. The Astros could potentially use Gurriel and Bregman at a variety of infield positions, with Bregman also potentially seeing time in the outfield."

Comment

• Please send Reed to TB for a pitcher. Kthxbye

Comment

• Reed sucks.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Reed sucks.
                        Do tell

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Reed sucks.
                          Like Jason, I'd happily take him in Milwaukee.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Fangraphs has Gurriel at 283/.330/.458 . That's pretty darn good. Assuming they can find a place to play him (if he gets there, that's probably better than Marwin, Reed, Gattis)

Comment

• Alex Bregman will make his MLB debut tomorrow.

Comment

• SS is taken. Is Bergman the new utility bat?

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X