3B Valbuena
    DH Gattis
    1B Carter
    C Castro
    SS Lowrie
    LF Rasmus
    CF Marisnick

P Keuchel
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• It would really benefit... um, let's say the Astros... if Carter could play some outfield too

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        It would really benefit... um, let's say the Astros... if Carter could play some outfield too
        I don't remember him playing a single inning in the outfield in spring training, for what that's worth for dashing your hopes.

:shrug:
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Got Marisnick late in my AL-only auction for $3 and was happy to get a 4th outfielder type with decent SB potential. He's off to a good start, .400, 1 HR and 2 SB, and he's now the regular CF. Can we expect this type of production to continue? He is a former top prospect with adequate power and the potential to steal 30 bases if he gets the playing time.

Comment

• So Chris Carter has been downright turrible so far. 51 PAs, 21 Ks, 6 BBs, only 4 hits, and no HRs. What's his deal? And do I bench him in my 10 team AL? My replacement would be someone like Garrett Jones, or whoever else is on the wire. I know he's streaky and will K a lot, but this is pretty extreme. Houston can't keep trotting him out there to suck this bad, can they?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
              So Chris Carter has been downright turrible so far. 51 PAs, 21 Ks, 6 BBs, only 4 hits, and no HRs. What's his deal? And do I bench him in my 10 team AL? My replacement would be someone like Garrett Jones, or whoever else is on the wire. I know he's streaky and will K a lot, but this is pretty extreme. Houston can't keep trotting him out there to suck this bad, can they?
              Evan Gattis has been equally putrid -- 6-for-51 with 3 BBs and 21 Ks.

Comment

• And Springer has been pretty damn bad as well

Comment

• And yet the Astros are in first place in the West! So, once these suckos turn it around (will they?) they will be a force to be reckoned with! Right?

Comment

• 2 years ago Chris Carter started the exact same way. He looked like he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn...I dropped him after a couple of weeks and he went on to hit 29 homers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      2 years ago Chris Carter started the exact same way. He looked like he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn...I dropped him after a couple of weeks and he went on to hit 29 homers.
                      LAST year Chris Carter was the same as well. Look at his 1st half vs. 2nd half #'s. It's like they couldn't have possibly been the same player.

Comment

• Marisnick said he's feeling good after hitting and running today. It’s the IT band that had him sidelined — upper leg. See if he plays tomm.

Comment

• Astros have gotten a lot of flak for their moves that didn't pan out, but they deserve a hell of a lot of credit if Marisnick ends up breaking out. I've never been a huge Moran fan (and that's coming from a UNC alum), but Marisnick is very interesting. Good on you guys for making that deal happen as Cosart was fools gold, and it looks like the Marlins were in the market for some pyrite.

Comment

• So when does Marisnick slow down? What a start from him? How good can he be, 20/30?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
                              So when does Marisnick slow down? What a start from him? How good can he be, 20/30?
                              He's not Tony Gwynn; he's not gonna hit .380 all year. But he's a lot better than people seem to realize. He changed his swing last September to take better advantage of his power. He's always been really fast and really good on defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                He's not Tony Gwynn;
                                Neither are you.

Comment

Working...
                                X