2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
    McHugh and Keuchel. Two pitchers that had awesome 2014 seasons...which came out of left field. Previously, they were mlb horrible. As in "the bottom of the barrel" roto wise. So, is it maturity? A new pitching coach in Houston? Ebb and flow of a pitchers life?
    Nobody works harder or prepares more than Dallas Keuchel.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• So with the acquisition of Gattis, does that spell the end of Jake Marisnick's starting role? I assume Robbie Grossman is also rendered somewhat useless (which he kind of already was, but this seals the deal).

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        So with the acquisition of Gattis, does that spell the end of Jake Marisnick's starting role? I assume Robbie Grossman is also rendered somewhat useless (which he kind of already was, but this seals the deal).
        Yeah it's a shame because I think those two would have made a useful platoon. I mean, I guess if/when Singleton flames out, they could still use them, but I think Fowler CF/Springer RF and then Gattis/Carter/Singleton at LF/1B/DH most of the time is what we'll see. Gattis may see some time behind the plate but they also have Conger and Castro and Corporan.

Comment

• Dare I say the Astros lineup is....(gulp)....loaded?

There certainly aren't too many other teams who can claim 3 potential 25+ HR guys (Carter, Springer, Gattis) in their lineup.

Comment

• If he gets 500 ABs, Singleton should hit 25+ as well
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• if only anybody would be on base when they hit them.

projected lineup, with career OBA (last year in parens):
              Altuve - .340 (.377)
              Springer - .336 (.336)
              Fowler - .366 (.375)
              Carter - .313 (.308)
              Gattis - .304 (.317)
              Castro - .316 (.286)
              Lowrie - .330 (.321)
              Singleton - .285 (.285)
              Dominguez - .275 (.256)

granted, springer and singleton had much better OBAs in the minors and are young, but boy there are some stinkbombs in there...
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Would you keep marisnick @ $5 in a 12 team only which uses on%, total bases, runs, rbi, and sb ??

Comment

• Yeah probably. I think they'll give him every chance to succeed

Comment

• I already have 3 outfielders so I am hating protecting him tomorrow. I looked at mlbdepthcharts and grossman and d.santana are listed as potential cf'ers...does Springer also play there? Marisnick did steal 11 (35 overall) bases in 200 at bats last season in the majors. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Comment

• If you want to know the most updated info on the roster, check @Brianmctaggart twitter timeline from tonight, with comments from Jeff Luhnow speaking on Astroline.

In terms of OF alignment, this spring has seen Springer starting in RF, Marisnick starting in CF, and Rasmus starting in LF. When Gattis has played LF, either Rasmus has sat, or Marisnick has sat and Rasmus played CF. Grossman and Santana are generally in the corners. Presley and Villar are the backup outfielders in CF. Aplin starting in CF at AAA.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        If you want to know the most updated info on the roster, check @Brianmctaggart twitter timeline from tonight, with comments from Jeff Luhnow speaking on Astroline.

In terms of OF alignment, this spring has seen Springer starting in RF, Marisnick starting in CF, and Rasmus starting in LF. When Gattis has played LF, either Rasmus has sat, or Marisnick has sat and Rasmus played CF. Grossman and Santana are generally in the corners. Presley and Villar are the backup outfielders in CF. Aplin starting in CF at AAA.
                        Much appreciated

Comment

• Astros' 25-man roster set this morning. Singleton optioned to AAA, which has implications for the playing time of a number of other players, notably the outfielders.

Josh Fields, Brett Oberholtzer, and Brad Peacock to the DL, which means that the rotation for now is Keuchel, Feldman, McHugh, Hernandez, Wojciechowski.

Edit to add: Link to story.
                          Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 04-01-2015, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing how Wojo's changes on the mound affect his results

Comment

• So most days we'll see Marsinik, Rasmus and Springer in the OF and Carter/Gattis at 1B/DH?
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Astros' 25-man roster set this morning. Singleton optioned to AAA, which has implications for the playing time of a number of other players, notably the outfielders.

Josh Fields, Brett Oberholtzer, and Brad Peacock to the DL, which means that the rotation for now is Keuchel, Feldman, McHugh, Hernandez, Wojciechowski.

Edit to add: Link to story.
                                http://brianmctaggart.mlblogs.com/20...25-man-roster/
                                It'd be really helpful if we all got hired by different teams...
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X