No announcement yet.

2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke down and bought a partial season ticket package for the River Cats to bump my priority up a bit.

Priority will go to:
    A's Season Ticket holders (all 2 of them?)
    River Cats Season Ticket holders
    River Cats partial Season Ticket holders (me)
    People who put in a $200 deposit for A's tickets next year (which me, and about 1000 other people did).

So I jumped up about 1000 spots on the list.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      Broke down and bought a partial season ticket package for the River Cats to bump my priority up a bit.

Priority will go to:
      A's Season Ticket holders (all 2 of them?)
      River Cats Season Ticket holders
      River Cats partial Season Ticket holders (me)
      People who put in a $200 deposit for A's tickets next year (which me, and about 1000 other people did).

So I jumped up about 1000 spots on the list.
      do you get your $200 back?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Kinda crazy that in his last 162 games, he has 39 HRs. Anyone who bought him this year got him cheap too, as not many were buying his breakout last year.
        i FAABed him last year at 24. Dropped him hoping to get him cheaper. AL only 5x5 12 team $260 budget. I was willing to go to 24 this year. I got him for 17.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

i FAABed him last year at 24. Dropped him hoping to get him cheaper. AL only 5x5 12 team $260 budget. I was willing to go to 24 this year. I got him for 17.
          Rooker seems to have one all-star caliber month each year along with 5 mediocre to bad months.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

Rooker seems to have one all-star caliber month each year along with 5 mediocre to bad months.
            Seems to be a late bloomer.

We are a deep league so FAAB players salaries are all over the board. Somewhere early last year I needed an OF due to injury. I knew he had some power so I bid the 24 figuring I would get him. If I remember right I spent a buck or two more than needed. I really liked what he gave me in HR and OBP. Not enough to keep him. The fact that he did not appear on anyone's reserve roster tells me he wasn't much of a prospect.

This auction I got pushed to 17. I think it is a good solid price. I respect your opinion and will have to pay closer attention to your comment. If he continues on the path you suggest I will think about trading him.

Thanks for posting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

do you get your $200 back?
              right, sure, the A's are giving people money back.... We are talking about the A's here. :/

Nah, it's different deals, that money went to the A's, this money is going to the River Cats (Giants Org).
              The $200 will still be applied to any tickets I buy from the A's next year though.

I went to my first game Saturday night. It was hot as hell out (104) but seats along the 3rd baseline are in the evening shade, so it's okay. I'm not sure if my only seat options are down the right field line if I would want to buy tickets.

It was crazy imagining this hosting MLB games. It's a really nice park, but there are going to be so many upgrades needed... better grass, new stands in the OF, a new jumbotron (it's a minor league mini-tron at best right now). Bullpens and I can only assume clubhouses.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

right, sure, the A's are giving people money back.... We are talking about the A's here. :/

Nah, it's different deals, that money went to the A's, this money is going to the River Cats (Giants Org).
                The $200 will still be applied to any tickets I buy from the A's next year though.

I went to my first game Saturday night. It was hot as hell out (104) but seats along the 3rd baseline are in the evening shade, so it's okay. I'm not sure if my only seat options are down the right field line if I would want to buy tickets.

It was crazy imagining this hosting MLB games. It's a really nice park, but there are going to be so many upgrades needed... better grass, new stands in the OF, a new jumbotron (it's a minor league mini-tron at best right now). Bullpens and I can only assume clubhouses.
                What's your read on how the park will play? Hitter/Pitcher friendly? I assume the weather will be significantly warmer than the Bay which should aid hitting.

Comment

• Right now it's 403 to center, 380 in the alleys and 325 to the poles. Very little foul territory. Not a lot of wind. No humidity. It's fucking hot. I've heard they are going to have to put down some kind of turf to keep up with the wear and tear and heat. Not sure how that will play.

I'm here watching Robbie Ray pitch to Kris Bryant (who looks awful) and it's so bizarre to think the will be playing MLB ball here next year. The place is tiny. It may not sell out because the whole first base stands are in the sun and like I said, it's fucking hot here. I'm along third base in the shade. Not sure I would buy tickets that are in the sun.

Comment

• I'm in the furthest back row... row 29

Comment

• Sounds like a hitters paradise. Big change from the Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Sounds like a hitters paradise. Big change from the Coliseum.
                        Brent Rooker is looking more and more like one of my 10 keepers next year.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• 5 x 5 stat comparison:

Brent Rooker - 47 R - 22 HR - 65 RBI - 5 SB - .294 BA
                          Bryce Harper - 58 R - 22 HR - 62 RBI - 4 SB - .299 BA

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mason Miller goes to the 15-day IL with a fractured left pinky finger.

Miller put his non-throwing hand awkwardly on a training table while preparing to do an exercise, which led to the injury.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Hardly ever works. I picked up both Mitch Spence and Osvaldo Bido in my league's FAAB. They've been up and down this year but good enough in their starts to be good "streaming" options. I'm the type of owner who doesnt like to stream, I just like to "set it and forget it" if I have enough confidence in a SP's performance. This week, I saw that Spence and Bido had starts in Cincy, which is a pretty notorious hitters' park and the Reds are at least an average offensive team. My pitching ratios are in bad shape so in an effort to improve them I thought I'd sit both SPs this week. Today Bido had 6.0IP 2ER 3H 0BB 5K. Yesterday, Spence had 5.3IP 1ER 5H 3BB 3K. Neither got wins due to bullpen failings but their performances would have improved my ratios and got me some Ks. Like I said, hardly ever works for me. My general policy is to sit starters only if they're pitching at Coors. I wish I had stuck to this policy this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X