No announcement yet.

2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the A's going to see if they can win 95-100 and prove my "more likely than not to miss the playoffs" wrong?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Are the A's going to see if they can win 95-100 and prove my "more likely than not to miss the playoffs" wrong?
      They sure are. And I realize you can't answer, but if they think Mike Fiers is the answer, I do think they're asking the wrong question.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• lots of ball left but they are having a heckuva season ... plus they're getting some help from the team further up the coast - Seattle isn't exactly driving to the finish line.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          They sure are. And I realize you can't answer, but if they think Mike Fiers is the answer, I do think they're asking the wrong question.
          For both Oakland and the Hard Boiled Greggs he is a cheap solution to get some wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            For both Oakland and the Hard Boiled Greggs he is a cheap solution to get some wins.
            I have him on my AL-only as I'm an admitted sucker for him. OTOH, I've at least learned to get out quickly once the Fiers fire starts because it tends to burn down your whole pitching staff quickly.

Comment

• Sean Manaea going to Dr. ElAttrache for a second opinion on his injured shoulder after his MRI... ugh.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                Sean Manaea going to Dr. ElAttrache for a second opinion on his injured shoulder after his MRI... ugh.
                Brett Anderson also to the DL.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Brett Anderson also to the DL.
                  Sounds like the dreaded "strained forearm" from what I've read.

Comment

• Wow, Bob Melvin announced today that shoulder surgery will shelve Sean Manaea all next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      I have him on my AL-only as I'm an admitted sucker for him. OTOH, I've at least learned to get out quickly once the Fiers fire starts because it tends to burn down your whole pitching staff quickly.
                      Ride that horse Chance ride that horse!!

(12-6) gave up one run on four hits and one walk while striking out seven in six innings Tuesday in Baltimore. He picked up the win.
                      His remarkable run since getting traded to Oakland continued, as Fiers is now 5-0 with 42 strikeouts in 39.2 innings (seven starts) in an A's uniform. He has won six straight decisions overall, and only needed 84 pitches (56 strikes) to cruise to this quality start. Fiers' next start figures to come Sunday in Tampa Bay.

Comment

(12-6) gave up one run on four hits and one walk while striking out seven in six innings Tuesday in Baltimore. He picked up the win.
                        His remarkable run since getting traded to Oakland continued, as Fiers is now 5-0 with 42 strikeouts in 39.2 innings (seven starts) in an A's uniform. He has won six straight decisions overall, and only needed 84 pitches (56 strikes) to cruise to this quality start. Fiers' next start figures to come Sunday in Tampa Bay.
                        I have been. And clearly the A's saw something that I sure didn't. I'm really happy for him - he might get a chance at the playoffs, something I'm sure he didn't expect starting this year.

Comment

He's on Fier.

Comment

• Last March Matt Olson was ranked in low triple digits with an ADP of #111.

Next March will he go for more or less?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• A’s have just 3 players on their entire team with more than 2 SBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                Last March Matt Olson was ranked in low triple digits with an ADP of #111.

Next March will he go for more or less?

J
                                Less, IMO. And by a notable margin. His SLG is below .450 and his OBP has been a disappointing .324. And there's nothing exceptional in the advanced stats to indicate a big jump back.

Comment

Working...
                                X