No announcement yet.

2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much longer will the A's keep Chapman hitting 6th? Hard to believe he hasn't been moved up in the order yet.

Comment

• Chapman is hitting way better than I thought he would. He will regression, but I agree, move him up while he is hot. Another hot bat for the As that I'm happy I picked up cheap is Lowrie. He looks like he wants to price last year wasn't a fluke.

Comment

• Emilio Pagan, 2 Ks in his first 9 innings? Blech.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
          Barreto still hasn't gotten in a game yet. Seems odd. I wonder if not playing him right away means it's more likely he's up for longer-term (vs. an emergency replacement), or if he's really just an emergency backup due to the injuries...
          Back to Barreto, he was called up over a week ago, and has only appeared as a late-inning blowout replacement in one game (at 2B), still with zero ABs. What is the thinking here? Why call him up just to sit on the bench? Why not stay down in AAA to keep seeing pitches and/or work on OF defense if that's where they want him? Confused.

Comment

• Matt Olson...two month wonder???? Dude blows.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Matt Olson...two month wonder???? Dude blows.
              yup. Waive him.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                yup. Waive him.
                Hard to read sarcasm on forums, but I believe you are kidding. He's been fine as a fantasy asset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Hard to read sarcasm on forums, but I believe you are kidding. He's been fine as a fantasy asset.
                  yes I was being sarcasm, knowing Mith's penchant for overreacting.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    yes I was being sarcasm, knowing Mith's penchant for overreacting.
                    Me? Overreact? I just calls em as i sees em!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Back to Barreto, he was called up over a week ago, and has only appeared as a late-inning blowout replacement in one game (at 2B), still with zero ABs. What is the thinking here? Why call him up just to sit on the bench? Why not stay down in AAA to keep seeing pitches and/or work on OF defense if that's where they want him? Confused.
                      Welp, down he goes. Two weeks, 1 game, zero ABs. Strange.

Comment

Welp, down he goes. Two weeks, 1 game, zero ABs. Strange.
                        Reminds me of how the Nationals handled Trea Turner in 2016. Although Trea played one full game on June 3 and then sat for 3 days before he was sent back down for another month.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Matt Olson...two month wonder???? Dude blows.
                          You're welcome!!!

Comment

• Oakland is on pace to win 90 games and is still more likely than not to miss the playoffs. Weird. I'm sure if you had told A's fans before the season they could have 90 wins they would have jumped at that deal.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Oakland is on pace to win 90 games and is still more likely than not to miss the playoffs. Weird. I'm sure if you had told A's fans before the season they could have 90 wins they would have jumped at that deal.
                              Ripple effect of just how bad the Central is
                              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Oakland is on pace to win 90 games and is still more likely than not to miss the playoffs. Weird. I'm sure if you had told A's fans before the season they could have 90 wins they would have jumped at that deal.
                                I suspect you're right, but I keep wondering when the bill is coming due for all the luck Seattle's been having.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X