2K24: Oakland Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Valencia next?

Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Athletics are expected to release Danny Valencia before the end of the season.
    The A's cut ties with Billy Butler over the weekend, due in part to his role in an altercation with Valencia a few weeks ago. While Valencia has actually contributed with the bat this year, unlike Butler, it sounds as though Valencia could soon be on his way out the door as well.
    (Source: San Francisco Chronicle via Rotoworld) Sep 11 - 11:49 PM

I'm assuming they sign with different teams this winter. Or maybe they will have an opt out clause if the other one joins the same team.
    Last edited by madducks; 09-12-2016, 12:41 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Is Valencia next?

Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Athletics are expected to release Danny Valencia before the end of the season.
      The A's cut ties with Billy Butler over the weekend, due in part to his role in an altercation with Valencia a few weeks ago. While Valencia has actually contributed with the bat this year, unlike Butler, it sounds as though Valencia could soon be on his way out the door as well.
      (Source: San Francisco Chronicle via Rotoworld) Sep 11 - 11:49 PM

I'm assuming they sign with different teams this winter. Or maybe they will have an opt out clause if the other one joins the same team.
      given Butler's already-mediocre-and-declining skills and his apparent assholeness of a personality, I gotta think he's seriously hurt his chances at any kind of a major league contract.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Semien out at least six weeks with a fractured scaphoid in his wrist.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Semien out at least six weeks with a fractured scaphoid in his wrist.
          my friend's athletic son had this scaphoid break 2 years and took all summer to heal - this is not a quick recovery

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            my friend's athletic son had this scaphoid break 2 years and took all summer to heal - this is not a quick recovery
            I broke mine at 30. Took 3 months in all for me to resume sports

Comment

Anyone keeping an eye on Sonny Gray? He was activated today, will start tomorrow against the Twins ... obviously he had a horrible season last year but had three nice ones before that and is still only 27. He has a few solid rehab appearances, was throwing 94 consistently ... I'm thinking of taking a flier on him. Fingers crossed.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Athletics optioned RHP Jharel Cotton to Triple-A Nashville.
                Cotton was lit up for seven runs on eight hits and a walk Tuesday in a loss to the Angels, falling to 3-4 on the year with a 5.68 ERA and 1.53 WHIP in seven starts covering 38 innings. The 25-year-old right-hander will try to get things straightened out on the farm. He can be dropped in standard mixed fantasy leagues.
                May 11 - 1:57 PM

Comment

Jharel Cotton has a strained UCL and may need TJ surgery. Even if he doesn't, he's probably toast from a fantasy perspective.

Comment

Barreto recalled with Pinder to the DL:

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                      Barreto recalled with Pinder to the DL:
                      https://www.sfchronicle.com/athletic...p-12814695.php
                      Surprised this happened so soon. I guess he doesn't have much to prove at AAA? I drafted him in one mixed league and picked him up in the wee hours in another.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I think it has more to do with Pinder and Powell being injured.

Comment

I think it has more to do with Pinder and Powell being injured.
                          Sure, and they brought up Canha as well. I just didn't think he would be the first guy up.

I grabbed him in 2 mixed leagues and drafted him in one. What is his long-term forecast? Will he produce enough to stick around?

Comment

• Barreto still hasn't gotten in a game yet. Seems odd. I wonder if not playing him right away means it's more likely he's up for longer-term (vs. an emergency replacement), or if he's really just an emergency backup due to the injuries...

I mean, Trace Thompson played center tonight and so far is 0-3 with 6 LOB.

Edit: OK Trace Thompson just pulled back a 2-run HR from Puig... he's earned his keep in his MLB debut.
                            Last edited by SlideRule; 04-11-2018, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Puk is having TJ surgery.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Barreto still hasn't gotten in a game yet. Seems odd. I wonder if not playing him right away means it's more likely he's up for longer-term (vs. an emergency replacement), or if he's really just an emergency backup due to the injuries...
                                I'm wondering about this as well as I own 2 shares of him.

In a shallow 15-team mixed H2H I think he's the guy I drop him when the second of Yelich/Shark/Trumbo come off the DL.
                                In the RJ 15-team mixed roto I will hold him.

ETA: dropped him to grab Hicks when he came off the DL. I had originally drafted then dropped him expecting him to be out longer.
                                Last edited by virgonomic; 04-15-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X