Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

The WNBA Champion Las Vegas Aces would probably not be happy
    I guess I don't pay attention to the WNBA. Can't they all just get along?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

You think they will finally get around to trying to win in 10 years?
      I am just passing on what I hear, buyer beware
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• i gotta say, it's weird being on the Sac side of the argument. I feel for Oakland fans, I think their ownership is shit, but I am fucking thrilled to have 3 seasons of Major League ball played in a AAA stadium here in Sac. I've heard preference for season tickets will go to Oakland holders and then to River Cats (the Sac AAA team). I've had half a mind to buy some Oakland season tickets (partial plan) just to get on the list!
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Athletics place OF Brent Rooker (abdominal) on 10-day IL, retroactive to April 8, with a costochondral cartilage injury.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Esteury Ruiz was spotted in the A's clubhouse on Monday, but has not been officially recalled yet.

edit: Now recalled.
            Last edited by madducks; 04-15-2024, 09:49 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Don't look now but, after scoring 20 runs tonight, the A's have won six in a row, have a .500 record and are just 1.5 games behind the first place Mariners.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Brent Rooker, on Saturday,became the first A's player in nearly 30 years to homer twice in an inning.​

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• 5x5 stat comparison

Aaron Judge: 19 / 9 / 25 / 2 / .236
                  Brent Rooker: 18 / 9 / 24 / 1 / .277

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    5x5 stat comparison

Aaron Judge: 19 / 9 / 25 / 2 / .236
                    Brent Rooker: 18 / 9 / 24 / 1 / .277
                    Kinda crazy that in his last 162 games, he has 39 HRs. Anyone who bought him this year got him cheap too, as not many were buying his breakout last year.

Comment

• Khris Davis, former A's DH who had 40+ HR, 100+ RBI, and a .247 batting average for 3 consecutive seasons, has retired at age 36.

He finishes his 9 year career with 221 HR, 590 RBI, and a .242 batting average.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Khris Davis, former A's DH who had 40+ HR, 100+ RBI, and a .247 batting average for 3 consecutive seasons, has retired at age 36.

He finishes his 9 year career with 221 HR, 590 RBI, and a .242 batting average.
                        I would have taken an even money bet that his career BA was .247

Comment

• just dropped a $200 deposit on season tickets for next year (and hopefully the following two)
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Miguel Andujar went 4-for-5 with three runs scored, a home run, and four RBI against the Braves on Saturday.

Andujar’s three-run home run off Chris Sale in the second inning put the Athletics up 6-2. He’s now 13-for-29 (.448) with two home runs and 12 RBI in seven games this year. Andujar is yet to take a walk and has a career walk percentage of only four percent. He also doesn’t strike out very often with a career strikeout percentage of 16 percent. If Andujar can keep up the power he’s shown at the plate he might actually have some staying power this time around.

Stupid Pirates should have kept this guy.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Miguel Andujar went 4-for-5 with three runs scored, a home run, and four RBI against the Braves on Saturday.

Andujar’s three-run home run off Chris Sale in the second inning put the Athletics up 6-2. He’s now 13-for-29 (.448) with two home runs and 12 RBI in seven games this year. Andujar is yet to take a walk and has a career walk percentage of only four percent. He also doesn’t strike out very often with a career strikeout percentage of 16 percent. If Andujar can keep up the power he’s shown at the plate he might actually have some staying power this time around.

Stupid Pirates should have kept this guy.
                              Daz Cameron sighting in the game as well
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X