Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post

.271 OBP over the last 14 days.
    That number probably isn't statistically relevant on a .315 OBP on the year right? In other words with a guy like Ruiz you'd expect 14+ days with a .271 OBP to go with a later 14+ days with a .350 OBP to get to your ~.320 annual rate.

I can understand if he's truly going through a slump and they are taking the pressure off temporarily but a .271 OBP over 2 weeks isn't a real reason to move down in the order for a significant amount of time.

Comment

• especially when they have so many better options!
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

That number probably isn't statistically relevant on a .315 OBP on the year right? In other words with a guy like Ruiz you'd expect 14+ days with a .271 OBP to go with a later 14+ days with a .350 OBP to get to your ~.320 annual rate.

I can understand if he's truly going through a slump and they are taking the pressure off temporarily but a .271 OBP over 2 weeks isn't a real reason to move down in the order for a significant amount of time.
        Maybe not, but when you combine that with Tony Kemp's .393/.500/.643 line over his last 10 games, it seems like a good call.

Comment

Maybe not, but when you combine that with Tony Kemp's .393/.500/.643 line over his last 10 games, it seems like a good call.
          I don't think that has any more relevance long term.

Again if these are short term relief efforts to pull Ruiz out of a perceived slump, sure. If they are intended to reposition the lineup because of a trend, 10-14 games at levels that are just standard noise should not suggest a long term change.
          Last edited by Ken; 06-27-2023, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

I don't think that has any more relevance long term.

Again if these are short term relief efforts to pull Ruiz out of a perceived slump, sure. If they are intended to reposition the lineup because of a trend, 10-14 games at levels that are just standard noise should not suggest a long term change.
            I don't think anyone here is implying this is a long-term demotion, but from a recent results perspective, it makes total sense to get the guy who's getting on base nearly twice as much over the last 10 days more ABs at the expense of the guy who's underperforming.

Comment

• Uh-oh. Esteury Ruiz will undergo X-rays on Thursday after injuring his right shoulder while diving back to first base during Wednesday’s game.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Uh-oh. Esteury Ruiz will undergo X-rays on Thursday after injuring his right shoulder while diving back to first base during Wednesday’s game.
                Esteury Ruiz was placed on the 10-day IL on Friday with a partially dislocated right shoulder.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

Esteury Ruiz was placed on the 10-day IL on Friday with a partially dislocated right shoulder.
                  Way to go Revo...

Comment

.271 OBP over the last 14 days.
                    Good call on Ruiz, Ed. He really fell off a cliff in June and hasn't been the same since.

Since late June he has 7 SB but hitting just .200/.211/.273 Oof.

Comment

• A's are having a historically bad season. To lend even more credence to this assertion, they are on a pace to have the most negative run differential in modern MLB history. The current record is -349 by the 1932 RedSox. A's currently are -296 and project to end up at -350 runs.
                      Last edited by rhd; 09-06-2023, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Estuery Ruiz set the AL rookie record for stolen bases with 67. Kenny Lofton held the previous record with 66 in 1992.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          A's are having a historically bad season. To lend even more credence to this assertion, they are on a pace to have the most negative run differential in modern MLB history. The current record is -349 by the 1932 RedSox. A's currently are -296 and project to end up at -350 runs.
                          It still pretty much was a historically bad season but at least they didnt set this record. They ended up at -339 run differential.

Comment

• After announcing his retirement, Trevor May ripped into Oakland A's owner John Fisher.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Now I wish that Trevor May had retired from the Pirates.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X