2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
    I just talked to Theo and the Cubs can offer Gleyber Torres, Jorge Soler, Javier Baez, Ian Happ and Billy McKinney for Mike Trout.
    And that's the problem--that is a lot of talent, and probably as good or better than they could hope to get, and it still isn't a fair deal. Hard to trade a guy like Trout, who is also the face of the franchise, and come out even or ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Angels need to trade Mike Trout now while they can get a ton in return for him. They have no farm system at all (easily the worst) and the future health of the franchise depends on it. This is like the Cowboys dealing Hershel Walker for a ton of current & future help.
      It's astounding that a team with the kind of resources LAA has can be so poorly run.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        And that's the problem--that is a lot of talent, and probably as good or better than they could hope to get, and it still isn't a fair deal. Hard to trade a guy like Trout, who is also the face of the franchise, and come out even or ahead.
        This is exactly right. Angels can't trade him for a bunch of prospects, no matter how highly ranked they are. Angels would have to get a number of young, yet at least somewhat proven, major league players with high ceilings in return. Just prospects for Trout will never happen. How did that Cabrera deal work out for the Marlins?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          It's astounding that a team with the kind of resources LAA has can be so poorly run.
          They did try to buy Andrew Friedman a few years ago, but Friedman held out and ended up with the better LA team

Comment

Andrelton Simmons needs surgery on his thumb and will likely miss a good chunk of the season.

Comment

Wow, this team was already pretty sad going into the season and since the start they've lost starters Heaney, Richards, Simmons and Skaggs isn't progressing as hoped from TJ. Nothing down on the farm to bring up unless there is another gem like a Calhoun who was under the radar, but doubt that. Weaver is probably the next to go down and I can see Pujols as an ongoing injury risk. It was already gonna be a long season for Angel fans.

Comment

Albert Pujols in 31 games is batting .190/.269/.362 yuck. And the 36 year year old still has 5 more years and $140 million left on his deal? Even the Yankees are laughing at this contract .
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Albert Pujols in 31 games is batting .190/.269/.362 yuck. And the 36 year year old still has 5 more years and $140 million left on his deal? Even the Yankees are laughing at this contract .
                  It was dumb as soon as they signed it. I would assume teams have learned from the slew of horrible 1bman deals that got done a few years ago--Pujols and Fielder leading the pack. To spend so much for so many years is such a bad idea. If the market insists that such sluggers get 8-10 year deals, let them go elsewhere and spend that money on player development and/or higher average salaries deals for less years.

Obviously, a team looking to win should be willing to pay a premium for established star talent, and if $30 million a year is the going rate, spend that, but guaranteeing that average salary for a decade is such a bad idea, I can't fathom why any team ever did it.

Comment

New sign above the entry into Angel Stadium:

I AM THE WAY INTO THE TEAM OF WOE
                    I AM THE WAY TO A FORSAKEN ROSTER
                    I AM THE WAY INTO ETERNAL SORROW

ARTE MORENO MOVED MY ARCHITECT
                    I WAS RAISED HERE BY FOOLISHNESS
                    POOR PLANNING AND SHORT TERM INTELLECT

ALL THESE ELEMENTS TIME DOTH WEAR
                    ARE BEFORE ME, AND IN THE WRECKAGE I STAND
                    ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE

Comment

Angels acquired RHP Jhoulys Chacin from the Braves for LHP Adam McCreery.
                      David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution was first to report news of the move. Anaheim will hope that Chacin can provide a much-needed boost to its starting rotation, which has registered a 4.67 ERA in 171 2/3 innings to date. The right-hander had pretty good peripherals in Atlanta. McCreery was a 22nd-round pick in 2014 out of Azusa Pacific University. He is a non-prospect.
                      May 11 - 2:16 PM

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Angels acquired RHP Jhoulys Chacin from the Braves for LHP Adam McCreery.
                        David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution was first to report news of the move. Anaheim will hope that Chacin can provide a much-needed boost to its starting rotation, which has registered a 4.67 ERA in 171 2/3 innings to date. The right-hander had pretty good peripherals in Atlanta. McCreery was a 22nd-round pick in 2014 out of Azusa Pacific University. He is a non-prospect.
                        May 11 - 2:16 PM
                        Championship!
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Now boarding the ferry to cross the River Acheron....Jhoulys Chacin!

Smart deal for the Angels. It's not like he'll cost much, and he can eat innings.

Comment

I love that deal for the Braves. Making sure the Angels get better and they get worse. Protect the #1 pick!

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              I love that deal for the Braves. Making sure the Angels get better and they get worse. Protect the #1 pick!
                              Oh no my friend...not so fast! The Minnesota Twins are right there in contention for the #1 pick...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Oh no my friend...not so fast! The Minnesota Twins are right there in contention for the #1 pick...
                                Once they got rid of Buxton, they were no longer the worst team in baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X