2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

I can understand them trying to go for it, but it doesnt look like they're going to make it. Will they try to resign him?
    Yes, with a competitive offer, but I think he goes to LAD or Seattle.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I am happy they went for it, as a team with Trout and Ohtani should make the playoffs. And I appreciate that they didn’t just tear it down for some hypothetical future payday. But the outcome is brutal.

Comment

• I had very high hopes for Detmers to exceed his ADP this year but he just looks totally lost. Not aware of any injury issue but he must have zero confidence at this point.

Comment

• In a very aggressive move, the Angels are recalling Nolan Schanuel, the number 11 overall pick in this year's draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            In a very aggressive move, the Angels are recalling Nolan Schanuel, the number 11 overall pick in this year's draft.
            I had heard that he might get called up. I mentioned him in one of my "Top 150 posts" while he was still in college. Pretty impressive that a position player gets to MLB just over a month after being drafted. Dont know when was the last time a position player was the 1st draftee called up. I remember Ryan Zimmerman getting called up later in the season after being drafted. He might have been the last one.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

I had heard that he might get called up. I mentioned him in one of my "Top 150 posts" while he was still in college. Pretty impressive that a position player gets to MLB just over a month after being drafted. Dont know when was the last time a position player was the 1st draftee called up. I remember Ryan Zimmerman getting called up later in the season after being drafted. He might have been the last one.
              Zimmerman was the last position player to be called up the same year he was drafted. Rickie Weeks played in just 21 games in 2003 after being the 2nd overall pick that year. Xavier Nady was drafted in the 2nd rd in 2000 and skipped the minors entirely after signing in mid-September.

Here are the other position players who skipped the minors entirely after being drafted:
              John Olerud, 1989
              Pete Incaviglia, 1986 - had a rule named after him after he gamed the system!
              Bob Horner, 1978
              Brian Milner, 1978 -- out of high school!
              Denny Walling, 1975
              Dave Winfield, 1973
              Dave Roberts, 1972 -- not that Dave Roberts
              Rob Ellis, 1971

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Zimmerman was the last position player to be called up the same year he was drafted. Rickie Weeks played in just 21 games in 2003 after being the 2nd overall pick that year. Xavier Nady was drafted in the 2nd rd in 2000 and skipped the minors entirely after signing in mid-September.

Here are the other position players who skipped the minors entirely after being drafted:
                John Olerud, 1989
                Pete Incaviglia, 1986 - had a rule named after him after he gamed the system!
                Bob Horner, 1978
                Brian Milner, 1978 -- out of high school!
                Denny Walling, 1975
                Dave Winfield, 1973
                Dave Roberts, 1972 -- not that Dave Roberts
                Rob Ellis, 1971
                i couldve sworn JD Drew was on this list. but i trust ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post

i couldve sworn JD Drew was on this list. but i trust ya!
                  Drew did indeed come up the 1st year he was drafted, but he played 45 ML games before being recalled.

Comment

• My first thought was Robin Yount who was called up in 1974 at age 18. But he was drafted as a 17 year-old and played in the minor leagues in 1973 without getting called up that year.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Logan O'Hoppe has a torn labrum in his left shoulder and will miss 4-6 months. I doubt if we see him this year.
                      Activated with more than a month to play in a lost season.

I am not sure what to make of that.
                      Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-18-2023, 11:02 PM.
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Trout is also close to coming off the IL. Not sure if he will have full strength in that wrist these final six weeks after hamate surgery.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I suppose it makes sense to play O'Hoppe since he's a developing talent. Trout is just the opposite.

Memories of Ken Griffey Jr's decline are vivid.
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Trout goes back to the IL because his surgically repaired wrist is still bothering him.

Ohtani has a UCL tear and won't pitch again in 2023. He may still be able to hit unless he gets TJ surgery.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Angels place infielder Luis Rengifo on the 10-day IL with a ruptured left biceps tendon. See you in 2024.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Angels place C.J. Cron on the 10-day IL with lower back inflammation.
                                Angels place Tyler Anderson on the 15-day IL with left knee pain.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X