No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it looks like O'Hoppe may make the last week or two of the season.

He has already qualified at C for 2024 in almost all formats. Assuming he shows a beating heart in September, where will he rank in March?
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      it looks like O'Hoppe may make the last week or two of the season.

He has already qualified at C for 2024 in almost all formats. Assuming he shows a beating heart in September, where will he rank in March?
      I like him a lot, but where he ranks is tough to say, because after years of being a wasteland, the catcher position is really starting to add some depth. I do not see O'Hoppe cracking top 10 in any preseason rankings, but that is not a knock on him. He is really good. But on a SSS, he has to rank behind Adley, Smith, Murphy, Realmuto, Perez, Alvarez, both Conteras brothers, Heim, Stephenson. He should end up somewhere between 11-16 along with Bailey, Raleigh, Naylor, Moreno, and Ruiz. Kirk probably ends up in the group too, maybe ahead of O'Hoppe, but he has been so bad this year, I don't know how much of a mulligan he will get.

Comment

• Six months ago, I would not have thought Heim, but he's on pace for 100 RBIs.

IIRC in March, there were about 9 - 10 Cs then a big dropoff with Stephenson and maybe Murphy falling in the gap. You are saying in the first cluster after the drop. In draft terms 175 - 225 or so.

Heim had a three-run jack today, so the pace is up to 110
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 07-20-2023, 10:11 PM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Angels DFA Jared Walsh.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And to celebrate not getting traded, today Ohtani tosses a 1-hit shutout w 8 Ks, facing 2 batters over the minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
              And to celebrate not getting traded, today Ohtani tosses a 1-hit shutout w 8 Ks, facing 2 batters over the minimum.
              And then he hit two home runs in the second game. Ohtani's price just keeps going up.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

And then he hit two home runs in the second game. Ohtani's price just keeps going up.
                Ohtani now has 38 HR and is on a pace for 60 HR.

Comment

Ohtani now has 38 HR and is on a pace for 60 HR.
                  Ohtani hit number 39 tonight.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

Ohtani hit number 39 tonight.
                    A god among mortals. I hope he makes it to the playoffs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

A god among mortals. I hope he makes it to the playoffs!
                      Me too but not likely. FG lists their playoff odds at 22.7%. Not sure whether that includes tonite's game, which they lost.

Comment

• Looking less and less likely Ohtani makes it to the playoffs this year. Angels lost their 6th straight today and are 7 G out of the last wild card.

Comment

Looking less and less likely Ohtani makes it to the playoffs this year. Angels lost their 6th straight today and are 7 G out of the last wild card.
                          I think they were nuts not to trade him, and if he leaves as a FA it will cripple the franchise.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post

I think they were nuts not to trade him, and if he leaves as a FA it will cripple the franchise.
                            I can understand them trying to go for it, but it doesnt look like they're going to make it. Will they try to resign him?

Comment

• Angel fan here.
                              I was checking their schedule leading up to the trade deadline (TOR, ATL, SEA, SF HOU, TEX, TB) & didn't think there was any way they make the playoffs with that schedule & having to pass 4 teams (now 5) to make it.
                              They should have traded Ohtani. Their farm system went from bad to worse. They'll continue to be a .500 team (or worse without Ohtani).

They will try to resign him.
                              They need new ownership. Arte goes for the big splash signings...he needs to be more hands off.

Comment

• Not getting any better. Blew a save tonite by giving up 6 runs in the 9th. Losing streak is now 7 and 8 G out of the wild card now. Estevez has been pretty bad lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X