No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Cabrera goes to the the 15-day IL with a right shoulder impingement.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jesus Luzardo is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a lumbar stress reaction.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tim Anderson DFA'ed.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Tim Anderson DFA'ed.
          This calls for some Gemstones.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Comment

• If/when Scott gets traded, who's the closer?

Closer Monkey says Nardi, then Puk.

Puk & Bender have pitched better than Nardi over the last several weeks. I'd think it's Puk then a toss up between Nardi & Bender.

Comment

• It'll be puk or nardi...hard to pick at this moment, but if I had to choose, I would go Nardi. I think Puk proved he cant sustain it. Nardi is someone they've been developing to be a stopper.

Comment

• I think Puk would get first crack at the job, as they have given him the job in the past, but chances are he won’t keep it.

It will probably be a committee but both Puk and Nardi are left handed and Bender hasn’t shown himself capable of being a closer. Maybe they will bring up Myers and try him in the role.

Comment

• Puk yeah !

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                    I think Puk would get first crack at the job, as they have given him the job in the past, but chances are he won’t keep it.

It will probably be a committee but both Puk and Nardi are left handed and Bender hasn’t shown himself capable of being a closer. Maybe they will bring up Myers and try him in the role.
                    Meyer is finally being stretched out to be a starter - he pitched 6 innings last night. No chance he closes. The Marlins sent him down to "protect him" from injury, but in reality, if he spends 90 days in the minors, the Marlins gain another year of control.

You may be right about puk and that's the prevailing industry opinion, but Im sticking with Nardi. His underlying numbers have vastly improved over the past 6 weeks, and he seems like more of a long term part of Miami's plans. That said, in the same vein as the Meyer decision, they might go with Puk just to limit Nardi's eventual arbitration number.

Comment

• The Marlins have traded AJ Puk to the D'Backs for prospects Deyvison de los Santos and Andrew Pintar.

Not only is this a great deal for Bendix, but it pretty much seals the deal that Nardi is the guy to have for Miami saves going forward. But you have to couch that with the fact they are cheap and may not want to drive up Nardi's eventual arbitration value.

Comment

• Xavier Edwards, on Sunday, became the second Miami player ever to hit for the cycle.

Edwards hit the first pitch of the game for his first career homerun, doubled in the fifth, and tripled in the seventh. He then beat out an infield single with two outs in the ninth, to finish 4 for 4 with a walk. The only other Marlins player to hit for the cycle was Luis Arraez, who did it in 2023.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Xavier Edwards, on Sunday, became the second Miami player ever to hit for the cycle.

Edwards hit the first pitch of the game for his first career homerun, doubled in the fifth, and tripled in the seventh. He then beat out an infield single with two outs in the ninth, to finish 4 for 4 with a walk. The only other Marlins player to hit for the cycle was Luis Arraez, who did it in 2023.
                          A cycle plus a walk feels like it deserves its own category. He did 5 different things not just 4

Comment

• After the trade deadline fire sale, the Marlins' active payroll is $13.75 million. Bruce Sherman's wet dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              After the trade deadline fire sale, the Marlins' active payroll is $13.75 million. Bruce Sherman's wet dream.
                              Where did you get this figure from? The MLB minimum salary for 2024 is $740,000, so for a 26-man active roster if all players made only the minimum salary, the total would be $19.24 mil. Plus the Marlins owe millions to injured players, like Sandy Alcantara, and players no longer on the team, like Tim Anderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

Where did you get this figure from? The MLB minimum salary for 2024 is $740,000, so for a 26-man active roster if all players made only the minimum salary, the total would be $19.24 mil. Plus the Marlins owe millions to injured players, like Sandy Alcantara, and players no longer on the team, like Tim Anderson.
                                That's what I get for quoting a tweet.

fwiw this is what sporttrac has...the number to the right of the blue one is active payroll. The number is 14.7M

Comment

Working...
                                X