2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Marlins are a joke. Conine was hired because he's willing to be Loria's puppet.
    Might want to make sure you have the right info the next time before you slam a pretty damn decent guy.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Might want to make sure you have the right info the next time before you slam a pretty damn decent guy.
      replace Conine with Jennings...whatever

It's complete bullshit that a guy with zero experience at any level is given the job out of the blue when many people out there deserve a shot, including other managers within his organization.

I hate Loria more than I ever hated Naimoli

Comment

It's complete bullshit that a guy with zero experience at any level is given the job out of the blue when many people out there deserve a shot, including other managers within his organization.

I hate Loria more than I ever hated Naimoli
        And his bench coach is going to be an advance scout, also with no MLB coaching experience. Very bizarre, has the makings of a total trainwreck. Will we see Loria step into those shoes next, lol?

Comment

• So, we bitch up a storm when the same old re-treads are recycled, and now we bitch up a storm when the same old re-treads are NOT hired? And everyone here is convinced internally that they could do just as good a job as any major league manager/GM...so now we complain when that theory is about to be tested?

This could be a total train wreck, as Revo postulates, or it could show us all that baseball is just a game that and knowledgeable person can handle. It's not like the guy fired the heart surgeon that was working on Granny and is now taking over the operation...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Ok, I get it. So you're OK with sliming a guy who's the target of an inaccurate, and possibly just made up, report. I just wanted to be clear.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Ok, I get it. So you're OK with sliming a guy who's the target of an inaccurate, and possibly just made up, report. I just wanted to be clear.
              Pretty sure his point is that the Marlins didn't go out looking for a progressive choice, just one that the owner was familiar with - no personal slight to Conine himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                My guess is that MLB told the Marlins to hire Bonds to try to settle the lawsuit.
                well, you made me laugh at least.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I think chance is jeff conine's mom.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

It's unlike Nightengale to report bad news.

It's a slap in the face for guys that have worked their way through everything to be bypassed without any process because their maniacal owner extends a manager 6 months before firing him and then throws 2 guys into a role because they're already on his payroll.

Comment

• Well I got this on my FB board today, and I dont think anything could be more appropriate for this squad:

Comment

• Dee Gordon says STFU to fantasy owners complaining about his lack of steals by getting 4 tonight.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• HAlvarez AND Latos to the DL tonite.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Relocate the Marlins to Montreal....team is cursed and their owner sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Dee Gordon says STFU to fantasy owners complaining about his lack of steals by getting 4 tonight.
                              it's funny you say it that way, I was starting to get antsy with him not running much the past couple of weeks. I'll STFU now.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                it's funny you say it that way, I was starting to get antsy with him not running much the past couple of weeks. I'll STFU now.
                                Yeah, me too.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X