2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
    Dee Gordon???? What the heck is he doing still hitting well over .400 in mid-May!!
    I guess he might actually be better than Andrew Heaney -- imagine that

Comment

Morse has scored....get ready.......a TOTAL of 4 runs this season.

4 runs!! Some guys score that many in one game.

Comment

They have fired Redmond, according to Rotoworld.

I am sure they can get a better manager but he wasn't the only reason for their performance. The front office went out and got Latos and Morse and last year Salty. Fire the front office.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
          They have fired Redmond, according to Rotoworld.

I am sure they can get a better manager but he wasn't the only reason for their performance. The front office went out and got Latos and Morse and last year Salty. Fire the front office.
          Latos has actually been fine other than his 1st game and his last game...Morse is a mediocrity and pretty much always has been. Salty...well, the less said about him, the better.

Redmond was a pretty overmatched guy as a manager...I suspect that anyone else would have pulled the plug on Chisek long before he did, and it probably cost him his job.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Sounds like Jeff Conine is the next manager

Comment

yeah, Redmond literally used to bring in Cishek with a 6-1 lead in 9th, bases loaded, 2 outs - you could give up a grand slam, a triple, two walks, and a line out and STILL get the SV. I had Cishek in 2013-14, so thanks, Mike!

but it's time to move on - especially since I have Ramos now. Go Jeff go!
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Marlins are a joke. Conine was hired because he's willing to be Loria's puppet.

Comment

shortest tenure ever

Bob NightengaleVerified account
                  ‏@BNightengale

Correction: Jeff Conine will NOT be the next #Marlins manager, a front official insists.

(btw, my Twitter account got verified recently, and it truly is like the first-class airplane upgrade. your disingenuous pals will tell you it's no big deal. I speak the truth!)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Marlins beat guy

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 9m9 minutes ago

mystery #Marlins manager I'm hearing is w/n organization. Not Butler, Conine. Told I would be shocked. Andre Dawson or Tony Perez?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Andre Dawson would seem to be a fun option - always very surly

Comment

• Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 10m10 minutes ago Miami, FL

fwiw heard marlins new manager is "outside the box," & "no one mentioned (much) today/tonight." #mysterymanager

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• My guess is that MLB told the Marlins to hire Bonds to try to settle the lawsuit.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 10m10 minutes ago Miami, FL

fwiw heard marlins new manager is "outside the box," & "no one mentioned (much) today/tonight." #mysterymanager
                            Sounds like it's Jeff Conine.

Comment

• Trader Jack?

Comment

• the GM, in the parlor, with the rope

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 49m49 minutes ago Miami, FL

dan jennings is indeed the next marlins manager, according to sources.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X