2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Henderson Alvarez to the DL with elbow soreness. MRI was inconclusive, so it's hard to say how long he'll be on the shelf for, but I'd expect him back no earlier than mid-to-late May.
    It's shoulder soreness, not elbow soreness, and it seems he's escaped major injury. Now expected to be sidelined 15-30 days max.

Comment

Yelich to the DL, retroactive to April 20.

Comment

Yelich to the DL, retroactive to April 20.
        Another one bites the dust. At least we know why he wasn't hitting.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Anyone notice how great Adeiny Hechevarria has been? .329, 2 HRs, 15 R, 16 RBIs. 2nd in the NL in Runs and RBIs.

Comment

Anyone notice how great Adeiny Hechevarria has been? .329, 2 HRs, 15 R, 16 RBIs. 2nd in the NL in Runs and RBIs.
            Yes. I've been thinking for a couple years that he might break out. He is just too good on defense not to have more offensive ability than he has shown in past years. Then again, Rey Ordonez.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Yes. I've been thinking for a couple years that he might break out. He is just too good on defense not to have more offensive ability than he has shown in past years. Then again, Rey Ordonez.
              Hitting and fielding are entirely different. I don't know why anyone would think that if someone is good at one they have to be good at the other.

Heckevarria hasn't shown this ability before. It would shock me if he kept it up. But that shouldn't stop anyone who has him from riding the hot bat. The one good thing about an excellent defender is his defense will keep him in the game long enough that he is bound to get hot for a stretch or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Hitting and fielding are entirely different. I don't know why anyone would think that if someone is good at one they have to be good at the other.
                It's not really that, it's just that some glove-first guys get better at hitting as their career goes on. You give a glove a regular gig for years and years, he'll still have a peak and at that peak, he's probably rosterable. To me, this is what is happening to Brandon Crawford. His glove got him to the majors, he was lucky to be on a team that had patience with him, and now his bat is showing life. He'll never be a first-round talent, but he may be a top-10 offensive SS.

Comment

See also Anthony Gose, Juan Lageres, Andrelton Simmons, but not Fransisco Lindor or Hak Ju Lee.

Simmons is one of those guys where the defense and offense went hand in hand, but no one had noticed. It has long been understood that speed helps both ways, but also twitch time.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Is Morse this bad?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                      It's not really that, it's just that some glove-first guys get better at hitting as their career goes on. You give a glove a regular gig for years and years, he'll still have a peak and at that peak, he's probably rosterable. To me, this is what is happening to Brandon Crawford. His glove got him to the majors, he was lucky to be on a team that had patience with him, and now his bat is showing life. He'll never be a first-round talent, but he may be a top-10 offensive SS.
                      A good example of this was Ozzie Smith. He was a terrible hitter (.238 ba) during his first 7 years and then became a better than average hitter (.277 ba) over his final 12 seasons.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
                        Is Morse this bad?
                        I don't think he's this bad, and at $7.5 mil this year, he will get time to work it out.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          I don't think he's this bad, and at $7.5 mil this year, he will get time to work it out.
                          I hope you're right. His numbers aren't awful but they're a little worrisome.

6.7% walk rate (6.4 last year). 28.0% K rate (25.1 last year). 15.3% swinging strike rate (13.0 last year)

Last year he had a .348 BABIP, which probably won't happen again. He's at .289 this year.

What worries me most is the crazy high GB% - 59.6% ground balls this year. Last year was 45.2%. If he can't hit fly balls he won't hit very many HRs. And then a .300ish BABIP won't lead to more than a .235-.240ish average.

Pitchers are throwing him less fastballs - which is at least a sign that they don't think he's lost his bat speed.

Comment

Anyone know the latest on Henderson Alvarez? As a Waino owner, I'm looking to find a starter to get back into my starting lineup. TIA.

Comment

The marlin's have apparently designated salty for assignment. This is odd given what they owe him. He must really have had a bad attitude regarding being a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                                The marlin's have apparently designated salty for assignment. This is odd given what they owe him. He must really have had a bad attitude regarding being a backup.
                                My guess is that they must be close to trading him, maybe the Diamondbacks?

Comment

Working...
                                X