2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    He might be great, but if you expect run support.....well, dont.
    Good point. Sounds like my Pirates.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mattingly pulls Luzardo after 6.1 scoreless (at the time) innings, 100 pitches, a man on 1st, and leading 1-0 when the next 2 batters were hitless against him all night. Of course the bullpen lets the run score to waste an impressive outing (7 K, 2 BB, 4 H) from Luzardo against possibly the best offense in baseball.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Mattingly pulls Luzardo after 6.1 scoreless (at the time) innings, 100 pitches, a man on 1st, and leading 1-0 when the next 2 batters were hitless against him all night. Of course the bullpen lets the run score to waste an impressive outing (7 K, 2 BB, 4 H) from Luzardo against possibly the best offense in baseball.
        #FireDonMattingly
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Good ballsy call on Luzardo.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Good ballsy call on Luzardo.
            He was the top minor league pitcher a few years ago. So, i expect big things from him. In order to be the best you have to be able to beat the best. I think he is progressing nicely. He just needs to stay healthy so he can gain the experience he needs to go along with his immense talent. He could be a top 10 pitcher eventually.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

He was the top minor league pitcher a few years ago. So, i expect big things from him. In order to be the best you have to be able to beat the best. I think he is progressing nicely. He just needs to stay healthy so he can gain the experience he needs to go along with his immense talent. He could be a top 10 pitcher eventually.
              so a few posts above you seemed unhappy about him being pulled after hitting 100 pitches. It was his 4th start back from the DL, seems like it may have been a prudent move. How many pitches do you think he should have been allowed ? Winning or losing for the Marlins seems like a secondary concern to keeping a potential ace healthy I would think
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                so a few posts above you seemed unhappy about him being pulled after hitting 100 pitches. It was his 4th start back from the DL, seems like it may have been a prudent move. How many pitches do you think he should have been allowed ? Winning or losing for the Marlins seems like a secondary concern to keeping a potential ace healthy I would think
                I would have liked to have seen if Luzardo could have gotten the double play with the next batter to complete 7 scoreless. Seems like he has been back longer. I guess 100 pitches is about right for a 4th start.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I would have liked to have seen if Luzardo could have gotten the double play with the next batter to complete 7 scoreless. Seems like he has been back longer. I guess 100 pitches is about right for a 4th start.
                  yeah, one more batter might have been ok, but being careful with his pitch count seems like a good idea.
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Great outing from Edward Cabrera tonite. 8.0 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 3 BB, 7 K. Since being recalled, he has not given up a single run: 22.7 IP, 0 ER, 8 H, 10 BB (0.79 WHIP), 28 K.

Comment

• Jesus Aguilar DFA. Opens room for Lewin Diaz and Jerar Encarnacion to get more meaningful ABs. That said, this should have happened the day after the trade deadline, but Marlins management are seemingly buffoons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Jesus Aguilar DFA. Opens room for Lewin Diaz and Jerar Encarnacion to get more meaningful ABs. That said, this should have happened the day after the trade deadline, but Marlins management are seemingly buffoons.
                        Probably had more to do with contract manipulation than buffoonery.

Comment

• Fishman back up where he belongs.

Comment

• Great outing for Alcantara today. CG 2-1 win w 10 K, 1 ER, 6 H, 2 BB. His ERA now is 2.13, just behind the NL leader, Gonsolin.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              Great outing for Alcantara today. CG 2-1 win w 10 K, 1 ER, 6 H, 2 BB. His ERA now is 2.13, just behind the NL leader, Gonsolin.
                              Think that just locked up the Cy Young Award for him. Gonsolin has better ratios, but is 50 IP behind him, so I'd still give it to Alcantara

Comment

• Alcantara has been a rock for a few years now. Not only great but also durable.

Comment

Working...
                                X