No announcement yet.

2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Rogers hasn't pitched since July 31 due to going on the family medical emergency list and then subsequently to the restricted list. When/if he comes back this season he is going to need to be stretched out again. So, he may not be able to throw 100 pitches until late September. Obviously, you have to hold onto him in a keeper league since he was most likely a draft/waiver bargain. But, is he worth using up a bench spot in a redraft league on the chance that he has 2 or 3 good starts at the end of the year?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Depends on what I'd have to cut off my bench to get him, but my gut read is yes. He's been outrageously good.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• And he's back... almost.

Marlins manager Don Mattingly said earlier this week that Trevor Rogers will need at least one rehab start before rejoining the rotation.

“He’s been off long enough where we can’t just go out there and expect him to throw six innings just because he’s back in town,” Mattingly said. “We’ll have to build him just a little bit to get him back to where it’s safe to put him back out there again.”
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Sounds like Rogers will get a couple of 3-4 inning games before he can go 5-6 innings. I think the original plan was to shut Rogers down in September. But, the August layoff combined with the pitch count build-up should offset that.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Trevor Rogers update:

Rogers revealed to the Miami Herald that he was away from the team because both his parents got COVID and his mother was an extreme case. Luckily she went home last week after being airlifted to a hospital and put on a ventilator.

Rogers said he plans to throw a couple of bullpens and maybe a rehab start this week and probably next week. Once he returns, the Marlins say there will be no innings restriction because he is only at 110 innings (the plan was to limit him to 175).

Here's the quote from Rogers from the article at https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/m...253645913.html -

“It’s been a really tough two weeks. Both my parents got COVID. My dad made it out all right. My mom was doing well, but then she got pneumonia from it and it kind of slowly went downhill. While I was here, I was just contacting my dad just ‘all right, what’s going on?’ I forget who were playing, somebody at home, and he said my mom got airlifted to another hospital and put on a ventilator. I mean, when you hear that, that your mom stopped breathing on her own, and she’s sedated, the last thing I wanted to think about was baseball.

“So I went back home and I just spent time with my dad because it really hit him hard. There were a few moments where it got really scary, thinking the worst of the worst might happen. But my mom, she’s a freaking tough woman. She battled. A lot of prayer, a lot of answered prayer. She got through it, thank God. She made it home [Thursday]. On top of that, I lost both my grandfathers within a week of each other, so it was just like one thing on top of another. It was tough. It sucked. I know that both my grandfathers are in a better place and they’re not suffering anymore. My mom’s back home. It was it was tough two weeks and I was just happy to talk to my mom again and see that she’s doing better. It could have been a lot worse, but she made it through.”

Comment

• I was just looking at one of my CBS keeper league and almost did a spit take when I saw the CBS "projection" on Jazz Chisholm.

.281 avg
              96 runs
              29 HR
              78 RBI
              29 SB

From the CBS projection nonsense to God's ears

But for real, if your CBS leaguemates who read this garbage and think it's actually gonna happen....well you know what to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                I was just looking at one of my CBS keeper league and almost did a spit take when I saw the CBS "projection" on Jazz Chisholm.

.281 avg
                96 runs
                29 HR
                78 RBI
                29 SB

From the CBS projection nonsense to God's ears

But for real, if your CBS leaguemates who read this garbage and think it's actually gonna happen....well you know what to do.
                All those years of 40/40 projections for Gregory Polanco - they were sweet dreams anyway.

Comment

• The quote of the day comes from Jeter: "We had a vision five years ago to turn the Marlins franchise around...That said, the vision for the future of the franchise is different than the one I signed up to lead."

Man this worries me as a Marlins guy.
                  1- It could mean the ownership group has decided against spending any more $$ this season
                  2- Worse, it could mean they are going against his "vision" of building up the minors with big arms and they intend to trade away someone like Meyer or Cabrera or Perez.

Hope Im wrong.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...rlins-ceo.html

Comment

• New ownership, same old Marlins:

"Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that a change in spending plans indeed served as a tipping point for Jeter (Twitter link). Sherman suggests that Jeter believed there to be as much as $15MM to spend on the 2022 roster after the lockout, but that outlook “evaporated” over the course of the lockout."

Comment

• Sixto not expected back until mid season, whenever that is.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Sixto not expected back until mid season, whenever that is.
                        He may be ready opening day at this rate!

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          Or at least half of opening day

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            Unless you mean opening day 2023 I wouldnt count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              Unless you mean opening day 2023 I wouldnt count on it.
                              Right, that's what I said. Opening Day. Or do you think there will be a 2022 season? I like optimism!

Comment

• The Marlins grapevine is pretty hot right now that they are about to make a trade for Bryan Reynolds.

Comment

Working...
                                X