2K24: Miami Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Caleb Smith done for the year with a lat strain.
    Forgive my ignorance, but how does a strain mean one is done for the next 3 months?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Forgive my ignorance, but how does a strain mean one is done for the next 3 months?
      Same thing Thor missed most of last season with. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...at-strain.html
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Wei-Yin Chen:
        1.62 ERA at home
        9.29 ERA on the road

Comment

• Word is the fish just signed both of the Mesa brothers!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Word is the fish just signed both of the Mesa brothers!!!!
            Is this like a "this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl" thing?

Comment

• Joe Table, Jr and Vic'Table I think.

The sons of Victor Mesa, Victor Victor (#150 on rhd's list) and Victor Jr. of Cuba. Confused? Remember that Raul Mondesi has two sons named Raul Jr. and Raul Adalberto.

J
              Last edited by onejayhawk; 10-20-2018, 07:49 PM.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Joe Table, Jr and Vic'Table I think.

The sons of Victor Mesa, Victor Victor (#150 on rhd's list) and Victor Jr. of Cuba. Confused? Remember that Raul Mondesi has two sons named Raul Jr. and Raul Adalberto.

J
                Errr, no. Raul Jr./Adalberto is the same person.

Comment

Errr, no. Raul Jr./Adalberto is the same person.
                  I hate it when I have to agree with J, but he's right here. Raul, jr. played in the Brewers organization for about 4-5 years, but never made the bigs and retired after a series of injuries. I think it was in 2015. He's Adalberto's older brother.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    I hate it when I have to agree with J, but he's right here. Raul, jr. played in the Brewers organization for about 4-5 years, but never made the bigs and retired after a series of injuries. I think it was in 2015. He's Adalberto's older brother.
                    Wow, he was right. Both B-R.com and Wikipedia do not have anything showing a relationship between the older Mondesi and the former Dodger, but I did dig up something that says he is Raul's son. My apologies to J.

Comment

Wow, he was right. Both B-R.com and Wikipedia do not have anything showing a relationship between the older Mondesi and the former Dodger, but I did dig up something that says he is Raul's son. My apologies to J.
                      We had this same conversation a few weeks back in the Adalberto Mondesi thread (and I originally like you thought they were the same person)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        We had this same conversation a few weeks back in the Adalberto Mondesi thread (and I originally like you thought they were the same person)
                        Strange that B-R.com doesn't have the connection, but I guess they're not infallible.

Comment

Strange that B-R.com doesn't have the connection, but I guess they're not infallible.
                          They have a page but no connection

Raul Mondesi Minor Leagues Statistics including batting, fielding, prospect rankings and more on Baseball-Reference.com

I think they only do connections on MLB players

Comment

They have a page but no connection

Raul Mondesi Minor Leagues Statistics including batting, fielding, prospect rankings and more on Baseball-Reference.com

I think they only do connections on MLB players
                            Yeah, I think that's correct. Neither Bichette nor Guerrero are connected to their ML sons yet either.

Comment

Adalberto had some sort of falling out with the old man
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Adalberto had some sort of falling out with the old man
                                That can happen when your old man is a corrupt crook who robbed the residents of San Cristobal to the tune of a few million and then was sentenced to roughly 8 years in the slammer.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X