No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ross looking good again yesterday. Still cut off at 90 pitches, but he got through 7 2/3 of scoreless, 5-hit, no-walk ball vs. SEA.

Comment

Surprisingly, the Rangers pitching has been much better than the offense. This is not the wall banging bunch from a decade ago, but calling them a pitching and defense is just strange. True, but strange. Second fewest HR in the league.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
        Ross looking good again yesterday. Still cut off at 90 pitches, but he got through 7 2/3 of scoreless, 5-hit, no-walk ball vs. SEA.
        told y'all in the injured rangers pitchers thread that ross would fill in nicely. and took him in mock one, taking my own advice .
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Surprisingly, the Rangers pitching has been much better than the offense. This is not the wall banging bunch from a decade ago, but calling them a pitching and defense is just strange. True, but strange. Second fewest HR in the league.

J
          hadn't realized it (surprising, since i have him on my mock one roster, but, then again, i'm a maroon), but listening to the rangers broadcast tonight, they said the rangers haven't scored a single run with darvish on the mound. yikes.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Hooray for Colby Lewis got his first win since 2012!

Nice story.
            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
              Hooray for Colby Lewis got his first win since 2012!

Nice story.
              The nice story is that I finally picked up a pitcher to stream and he didn't destroy my ratios (see Cosart, Jarred and Ramos, Cesar). Once upon a time he was a serviceable option, I'm hoping he can regain that mojo with a pretty good offense behind him.

Comment

Another nice story is Kevin Kouzmanoff. After two years out of MLB he has been smoking hot as he filled in for Adrian Beltre--.395/.439/.684 with 2 HR in 41 PA.

There’s not a whole lot of performance to analyze here. What it comes down to is this — he has made pretty good contact for a hitter with above average power, and, he possesses that above average power. Better yet, he calls one of the best hitter’s parks in baseball home and he’s been hitting fifth in the lineup. - Fangraphs

In contrast Mitch Moreland is .279/.333/.465 with 1 HR in 49 PA, which is better than his career stats. Moreland is the regular DH, tough he is a better fielder than Fielder. Kouz could get some of both when Beltre gets back.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Daniels told us that it's likely Matt Harrison's next start will be at Major lg level - 3 of his scouts told him his stuff is back to normal

Comment

The A's are off to one of the best starts in baseball, while the Rangers have been hit with a runaway ambulance. Yet, they are 2 1/2 games apart. It's only April, but this could be a Rangers team to watch.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

The Texas Rangers now have 6 shutouts on the season, and Martin Perez' scoreless streak is now at 26 IP. Dayum!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        The Texas Rangers now have 6 shutouts on the season, and Martin Perez' scoreless streak is now at 26 IP. Dayum!
                        So much for their SP being a mess. Ross did well again last night, but the bullpen exploded.

In related news, the A's are 8-2 over the lst 10. Both losses were by 8th or 9th inning rallies by the Rangers.

Is it time to dump Kouzmanoff? He was a nice story a week ago. Now they are talking surgery.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Is it time to dump Kouzmanoff? He was a nice story a week ago. Now they are talking surgery.

J
                          Beltre is back so the clock has struck midnight.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Prince hit in his 5th straight game today, though today's game is the first multi hit of the streak. One hot 7 day stretch puts him back on the 100 rbi pace...

Comment

Blame Shin.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Rougned Odor hits a long HR and shows great defense. Not bad for a 20 year old brought up from AA as an emergency fill in.

The Rangers have a 5th worst 4.57 team ERA, but lead the majors with 5 shut outs. They even have one against the Rockies. What's with that?

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X