No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a silver lining in the form of Michael Choice? He has been tear this spring.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Is there a silver lining in the form of Michael Choice? He has been tear this spring.

J
      Between Choo, Martin and Moreland, they have 3 lefties who can use an occasional day off (or more) against lefties, so I expect Choice to get a lot of those.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Between Choo, Martin and Moreland, they have 3 lefties who can use an occasional day off (or more) against lefties, so I expect Choice to get a lot of those.
        There was talk about him starting in AAA, but Engle Beltre will be on DL, so he will be with the big club. I am wondering if they will give him the DH to get him AB. Moreland would be better as a spot starter and pinch hitter.

The rotation will start Scheppers, Perez, Saunders, Ross and ??? until Darvish comes back. Cotts maybe. Hanson seems to be out. Wow.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

So Scheppers won a rotation spot by default, eh? That's intriguing.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Who gets bumped first out of that list? I assume ??? will get bumped for Darvish, and then would Ross be the first man out next? Or Saunders? Scheppers? I guess it is foolish to even speculate in such a fluid situation.

Comment

Is Baker any better than Hanson? Without Darvish, this isn't the best rotation inTexas.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                Who gets bumped first out of that list? I assume ??? will get bumped for Darvish, and then would Ross be the first man out next? Or Saunders? Scheppers? I guess it is foolish to even speculate in such a fluid situation.
                Unless he gets torched I think Scheppers is pretty secure. Roughly in terms of security I would rank them

Perez
                Scheppers
                Saunders
                -----
                Baker
                Ross

If Ross is doing well and the bullpen doesn't need him, he could see some starts, but I don't think they want him as a long-term guy. When does Colby Lewis build up enough velocity to come help the major league club?

Comment

I have Colby Lewis @ $3 and I'm inclined to retain him. There are certainly some questions to be answered, but the risk/reward is relatively low.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                    I have Colby Lewis @ $3 and I'm inclined to retain him. There are certainly some questions to be answered, but the risk/reward is relatively low.
                    My keepers were due last night and I kept him @ $1

I feel he will be back in the rotation sooner than later. I also feel he will likely get skipped at times as they will have him on an innings limit as he did not pitch in 2013, and only thew 105 in 2012
                    Last edited by Grinch; 03-27-2014, 09:33 AM.
                    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      So Scheppers won a rotation spot by default, eh? That's intriguing.
                      And will be starting on opening day. In his first career start!

Per rotoworld:
                      The Rangers will start Tanner Scheppers on Opening Day against the Phillies on March 31.
                      He'll start in place of Yu Darvish, who was scratched from the assignment due to a neck injury. Some speculated that Martin Perez would get the nod in his place, but Scheppers will get the call in what will be his first major league start. You don't see that very often. Mar 26 - 2:08 PM

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                        My keepers were due last night and I kept him @ $1

I feel he will be back in the rotation sooner than later. I also feel he will likely get skipped at times as they will have him on an innings limit as he did not pitch in 2013, and only thew 105 in 2012
                        Lewis had set opening day as a goal, but Wednesday was only his first time above 60 pitches since the hip injury. The Rangers would like to see him get to 90-100 pitches and then repeat the performance to give them more comfort about his ability to recover. If all goes well with the Rangers’ plan, Lewis might miss only one start. He will pitch in a minor league exhibition on April 1 and then for either Round Rock or Frisco on April 6. That would put him on schedule to make a major league start on April 11, the second time the Rangers need a fifth starter.

Comment

Colby Lewis update via @gfraley: Can opt out of deal on April 10. Expect him to start vs. Houston on April 11

Comment

Neil Cotts - UGH

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Unless he gets torched I think Scheppers is pretty secure. Roughly in terms of security I would rank them

Perez
                              Scheppers
                              Saunders
                              -----
                              Baker
                              Ross

If Ross is doing well and the bullpen doesn't need him, he could see some starts, but I don't think they want him as a long-term guy. When does Colby Lewis build up enough velocity to come help the major league club?
                              Ross has looked pretty solid in his 2 starts so far. Not getting too deep into games but solid pitching and putting up some good Ks too.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                                Ross has looked pretty solid in his 2 starts so far. Not getting too deep into games but solid pitching and putting up some good Ks too.
                                I think they have him on a 90 pitch limit. When Wilson came from the bullpen, he started extra work right after the last game. Ross was projected to the bullpen, so he has had no chance to stretch out.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X