No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being an overly analytical type (English, no baseball pedigree etc etc), but having owned this f*cker in many leagues in years past, I can only say (as a Rangers fan), I bloody well hope he can turn it around. My gut says he'll get lit up in Arlington though. Not sure why the Rangers chose to engage him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dans View Post
      Not being an overly analytical type (English, no baseball pedigree etc etc), but having owned this f*cker in many leagues in years past, I can only say (as a Rangers fan), I bloody well hope he can turn it around. My gut says he'll get lit up in Arlington though. Not sure why the Rangers chose to engage him at all.
      They have a MASH unit of a pitching staff. He fits right in.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Tanner Scheppers is in the Rangers' rotation. Joakim Soria named closer. Alexi Ogando is a set-up man.

Comment

Jeff Wilson ‏@JeffWilson_FWST

Geovany Soto out 10-12 weeks with torn lateral meniscus. Surgery likely Wednesday. #Rangers

That should give Robinson Chirinos a chance to claim the starting C job in the opening weeks (if his terrific spring numbers have any validity). Arencibia possibly was cut bait given his poor spring, but probably makes the team now.

Comment

double-whammy is Arencibia has to get more PT

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
              Jeff Wilson ‏@JeffWilson_FWST

Geovany Soto out 10-12 weeks with torn lateral meniscus. Surgery likely Wednesday. #Rangers

That should give Robinson Chirinos a chance to claim the starting C job in the opening weeks (if his terrific spring numbers have any validity). Arencibia possibly was cut bait given his poor spring, but probably makes the team now.
              they don't

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                they don't
                Yeah, it looks like the Rangers agree with you.
                General manager Jon Daniels said the team will look internally to fill the void. J.P. Arencibia is expected to become the everyday catcher and Robinson Chirinos will be the backup. The team will explore options to add more depth.

And while I am at it, here is the initial 2B situation for Texas:
                Daniels also addressed the hole at second base, saying prospect Rougned Odor would not be the replacement. The Rangers are going to give Kensuke Tanaka a chance, as he’s in today’s starting lineup at second base.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  double-whammy is Arencibia has to get more PT
                  Great news if you own JP in a Hacking Mass-type league

Comment

Can anyone tell me anything about Kensuke Tanaka?

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                      Can anyone tell me anything about Kensuke Tanaka?
                      Giants signed him last year. He was terrible offensively and defensively in spring training. He spent most of the year at AAA Fresno playing 2B. SF called him briefly in July and played him as a platoon OF. He's a slap hitter and aggressive baserunner but without plus speed. He hasn't played 2B in a regular season game.

I doubt he's the answer.

Comment

@JeffWilson_FWST: #Rangers option Neftali Feliz to minor league camp.
                        So who's the handcuff for Soria now? Yeesh.

Also, if not mentioned here, Darvish is going to miss opening day with his neck injury.

Note to self: Don't piss off Ian Kinsler.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          So who's the handcuff for Soria now? Yeesh.
                          Alexi Ogando would be the obvious choice...

Comment

Ogando would be a lethal closer.

This is such a MASH unit.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

Also, if not mentioned here, Darvish is going to miss opening day with his neck injury.
                              Phillies starting off 2-0!

Comment

Texas Rangers, in need of 2B help, looking at #Brewers Rickie Weeks today. Money ($11 M) could be obstacle. #Brewers would have to pay some.

Would they really pick up Weeks to play half a season? I guess it depends how much the Brewers would throw in...
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X