No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do they call up Evan Carter? Does the hot start for the accelerate or delay his callup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      When do they call up Evan Carter? Does the hot start for the accelerate or delay his callup?
      I wouldnt think they'd call up Carter anytime soon. He's still at AA and hasnt even done a full year there yet. Other than Garcia, the OFers are Taveras, Jankowski and Bubba Thompson and I dont think any of those block Carter when he's ready. If they're still in contention in July, and Carter continues to do well, they might call him towards the end of the year but likely not before.

Comment

• What team has the biggest run differential this year? Gotta be Tampa, right? Nope, it's the Rangers: 131 to 119 for Tampa (in 3 fewer games!). They also have scored the most runs (346 to 340 for Tampa) and have the highest BA (.272 to .266 for Tampa). They are "only" 6th in MLB in team ERA but still better than Tampa's 3.67.

Comment

• Is Jonah Heim for real? I've got him for a buck in a league I should probably start dumping in. It's a 2C league, so if he can perform at 2/3 of this in future years, that's a great deal, but would you sell high?
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Is Jonah Heim for real? I've got him for a buck in a league I should probably start dumping in. It's a 2C league, so if he can perform at 2/3 of this in future years, that's a great deal, but would you sell high?
            Avg is a little inflated, but a ~.260 avg/ .315 OBP bat with 20 HR and a handful of steals in a top run producing lineup is for real.

Watch out for a late season swoon, he fell off in Aug/Sept last year.

Comment

• DeGrom needs TJ surgery. Nice retirement package the Rangers gave him!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                DeGrom needs TJ surgery. Nice retirement package the Rangers gave him!
                Thankfully they had insurance included with that contract. Couldn't have been cheap though.

Comment

• Crazy stat of the day -- Jonah Heim is on pace for 115 RBIs.

Comment

• Aroldis Chapman traded to the Rangers for LHP Cole Ragans and minor-league OF Roni Cabrera.

Will Smith should still be the closer with Chapman working set-up.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Rangers signed first-round pick Wyatt Langford with an $8 million signing bonus.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jung with a broken thumb ughhhh
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Corey Seager finally has recently qualified for the batting title and he leads the AL w a .341 BA, above Yandy Diaz' .323.

Comment

• I used to have Yandy as a backup 3B. 2019 I think.

It's hard to believe that the Rangers, Astros, Mariners, and Rays are all within one game. Three of the four can make the playoffs. One will be out. Considering the way Tampa started the season, that would be a blow.

The Rangers have had their head up the collective anal orifice but seem to be playing better. With a real shot at beating the Astros for the division, it will be interesting to see how they react.
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• The Rangers place Max Scherzer on the 15-day IL with a right teres major strain. See you in 2024.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                I used to have Yandy as a backup 3B. 2019 I think.

It's hard to believe that the Rangers, Astros, Mariners, and Rays are all within one game. Three of the four can make the playoffs. One will be out. Considering the way Tampa started the season, that would be a blow.

The Rangers have had their head up the collective anal orifice but seem to be playing better. With a real shot at beating the Astros for the division, it will be interesting to see how they react.
                                Huh? All four would make the playoffs as things currently stand.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X