No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fwiw, Texas announced that their new stadium (2020 opening) will have artificial turf. (earlier this year Arizona announced they would move to it for this season)
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      fwiw, Texas announced that their new stadium (2020 opening) will have artificial turf. (earlier this year Arizona announced they would move to it for this season)
      This is one thing I really don't understand. The stRangers already had a gorgeous stadium. I guess air conditioning is the driving force. Pity.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        This is one thing I really don't understand. The stRangers already had a gorgeous stadium. I guess air conditioning is the driving force. Pity.

J
        I love the old stadium, can't believe they are already getting a new one.
        But have you ever tried to watch a game in TX in the middle of summer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I love the old stadium, can't believe they are already getting a new one.
          But have you ever tried to watch a game in TX in the middle of summer?
          Of course. Spend the day at 6 Flags and walk across the lot to the ballpark. It's why they have night games.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• The problem is that due to weird weather patterns, the hottest time of the day is around 6-7 PM there and the temps at first pitch can be over 100 in the middle of summer. AC would be a big reason to move. It gets brutal there.

Comment

Of course. Spend the day at 6 Flags and walk across the lot to the ballpark. It's why they have night games.

J
              Haha, I think the fact that you only attend night games in the summer is on of the reasons why they are doing this. The day games are terrible.

Even in the evenings at gametime it's often in the mid 90s.

Comment

• They generally don't have day games in July and August, except on Sunday.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Haha, I think the fact that you only attend night games in the summer is on of the reasons why they are doing this. The day games are terrible.

Even in the evenings at gametime it's often in the mid 90s.
                  They had 30 home games with game-time temperature of 94 and above during the 2018 season, and another 16 home games with game-time temperature of 89-93.

Next closest park was Angel Stadium, with three games starting at 94 and above (and two additional games at 89-93). Kauffman Stadium had two games at 94 and above and 16 games starting at 89-93.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    They had 30 home games with game-time temperature of 94 and above during the 2018 season, and another 16 home games with game-time temperature of 89-93.

Next closest park was Angel Stadium, with three games starting at 94 and above (and two additional games at 89-93). Kauffman Stadium had two games at 94 and above and 16 games starting at 89-93.
                    What do you have for the two Chicago Parks?

Comment

They generally don't have day games in July and August, except on Sunday.

J
                      Feels like you are still missing it somehow - see Seitzer's note about game time temp.

Comment

Feels like you are still missing it somehow - see Seitzer's note about game time temp.
                        I got it. Heat was why they built the Astrodome 50 years ago, after all.

I still think it's a shame that they built an exceptional park in the 1990s and are already abandoning it.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          What do you have for the two Chicago Parks?
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Here are all the parks:

I wasn't sure about those temps above 90 at Chase Field, but I guess they had the roof open for those games?

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Based on all this data from Mike, I think I like the Braves' odds of signing Mike Trout. Weather nerds unite!

Comment

Working...
                                X