No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choo back on the DL, Fielder soon to follow and might be done for the season.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Is Profar going to cover RF?

Will we see much of Fielder ever again?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Is Profar going to cover RF?

Will we see much of Fielder ever again?

J
        He'll probably split most of his time between RF & 1B, with most of it being at 1B. I could see Gallo up soon if Choo doesn't improve.

I'm sure the Rangers are not entirely upset about Fielder's injury -- it gives them an out for 2016; Profar now can play everyday; and now teams will also stop asking about Profar in trades.

Comment

• Joey Gallo recalled and playing 1B tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Joey Gallo recalled and playing 1B tonight.
            Hmmmm...nice.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Joey Gallo recalled and playing 1B tonight.
              He has got to be a defensive improvement.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Rangers acquire Lucas Harrell & Dario Alvarez for Travis Demerritte.

Comment

• Interesting trade. This is Demerritte for Alvarez and a throw in. Demmerritte is 21 years old and a former 1str round pick. He's having a nice season in high A ball. Alvarez is a K machine on the order of Keone Kela, perhaps better, and LHP. The throw in is at least a deep bullpen arm with SP5 potential in a pinch. I can see why both sides pulled the trigger.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Now that the dust has settled, what does everyone make of the trades?

Beltran replaces Fielder. Gallo (not traded) may get some time at 1B. They get Jeffress for the bullpen, though it is not clear if he will close. They have some serious heat stockpiled out there, particularly when Kela comes back. A three man Royals-type relief stack is possible. They give up a really toolsy CF prospect and a bunch of 2nd tier and low minors talent. How well do they stack up against the Astros and in the playoffs?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Choo hit by a pitch on his wrist, looks like he's heading back to the DL.

EDIT - out for the year with a broken forearm.

Comment

Choo hit by a pitch on his wrist, looks like he's heading back to the DL.

EDIT - out for the year with a broken forearm.
                        Gallo for an extended look ???

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                          Gallo for an extended look ???
                          They already called up Ryan Rua. They had too many pegs for the spots, so maybe Profar or Moreland get more time. I don't think Gallo will factor in.

Comment

• Choo...David Peralta part 2 with a bigger price tag.

Comment

• word is Yulieski Gurriel is being promoted for Sunday's game

Over a month after signing him to a five-year, $47.5MM contract, the Astros will promote infielder Yulieski Gurriel to the …

Comment

• wrong Texas team, griff.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X