2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
    Guys, guys, guys! its only week 2 still!! granted, it is concerning, but im not ready to cut bait until after a month at least. I own him in a 14 team h2h as my SS and there just arent that many more upside plays on the wire.
    Im not cutting bait Im just thinking this is a confirmation of the downward trend. Plus I was offered him which is what got me researching him.

Comment

Guys, guys, guys! its only week 2 still!! granted, it is concerning, but im not ready to cut bait until after a month at least. I own him in a 14 team h2h as my SS and there just arent that many more upside plays on the wire.
      You bet. I'd wait him out for sure. I'm hoping for one more bad week and then will go after him in my AL Only.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Keone Kela needs elbow surgery for a bone spur and will miss about 3 months.

Comment

• So what are the chances Mazara ends up with Rookie eligibility next year ? He seems to continue hitting well so I'm guessing only an injury would prevent him from getting another 100 or so at bats. If I activate him I lose the chance to keep him as a rookie next year if he is eligible. I would probably bench M Ozuna, Hazelbaker or Gordon. What is the right call ? Go ahead and activate or wait another week or two ?
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            So what are the chances Mazara ends up with Rookie eligibility next year ? He seems to continue hitting well so I'm guessing only an injury would prevent him from getting another 100 or so at bats. If I activate him I lose the chance to keep him as a rookie next year if he is eligible. I would probably bench M Ozuna, Hazelbaker or Gordon. What is the right call ? Go ahead and activate or wait another week or two ?
            That's a close call. Choo will be back in around 3 weeks, which will likely give Mazara a tick under an additional 100 ABs to push his AB total to around the 130 AB mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              That's a close call. Choo will be back in around 3 weeks, which will likely give Mazara a tick under an additional 100 ABs to push his AB total to around the 130 AB mark.
              yeah, I figure he will also get some time in September at the least. But he doesn't appear to be such a clear cut upgrade that I should activate him at this point, safer to wait another week at least.
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Ian Desmond showing some signs of life this week!

Comment

Ian Desmond showing some signs of life this week!
                  Yeah, I overpaid for him, and was starting to lose faith. Good to see him coming around.

Comment

• Joey Gallo strained his groin and is out 3-to-4 weeks.

Comment

Joey Gallo strained his groin and is out 3-to-4 weeks.
                      That's a relief to the 40 man roster. What were they going to do when Choo came back from DL?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        That's a relief to the 40 man roster. What were they going to do when Choo came back from DL?

J
                        Nothing - Choo is already on the 40, just like Gallo?
                        He's just on the 15 day DL not the 60.

Comment

• DeShields and his .217 ba optioned to AAA.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            DeShields and his .217 ba optioned to AAA.
                            Great news for Desmond and Mazara owners...I have both
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• The Rangers also called up Matt Bush - yes, that Matt Bush - 12 years after being the 1st overall pick in the draft.

Comment

The Rangers also called up Matt Bush - yes, that Matt Bush - 12 years after being the 1st overall pick in the draft.
                                Yes we all know what we did and what he served. Still interesting he was working as a baker at a Golden Corral when the Rangers found him.

Six months out of prison, the Rangers' latest reclamation project is throwing 100 mph and hoping to lose his rep as baseball's biggest bust.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X