Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    How much FAAB would you throw at him?
    Couple, three bucks. His injury history is amazing...plus, he's not guarenteed a spot for long, if Moreland comes back soon.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I grabbed him in every one of my leagues. Yes he's an injury risk but he can play 1B and OF as well as DH. If he plays well don't you think he might supplant one of the corner OF spots even after Moorland returns?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Sure he might, but the injury that'll hit is almost a forgone conclusion. And they always seem to last for a LONG time...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Sure he might, but the injury that'll hit is almost a forgone conclusion. And they always seem to last for a LONG time...
          As one of his biggest honks, I am well aware of all his ailments and his propensity to get hurt.

I'm hoping he can last a couple of months this time
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Roughned Odor will take his stinky BA to Round Rock as he's been optioned to the minors.

Comment

• Would you rather have Rougned Odor or Alex Guerrero this year? How about 2016?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• What is with the Rangers? They have won 8 of 10 and are now four games over .500.

They have 8 players, including three members of the SP rotation on 60 day DL. Granted Shin Soo Choo and Prince Fielder are hitting, but Adrian Beltre has been a non factor, while 2B and the SP are a mess. At 2B they have Hanser Alberto and Adam Rosales. The rotation is Colby Lewis, Nick Martinez, Yovani Gallardo, Wandy Rodriguez and Alex "Chi-chi" Gonzalez. Colby Lewis would be three pitchers deep in the bullpen for the Mets. Wandy Rodriguez was waived out of training camp by Philadelphia, a team with problem SP.

3rd in the league in runs doesn't hurt. Having a weak division doesn't either. But seriously, what's going on. See also 1st place Minnesota Twins.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Well, we knew the roof was due to cave in - Wandy is definitely NOT dandy tonight. I think the A's had less hits in batting practice.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Josh Hamilton could be placed back on the disabled list with a strained groin.
                    It's being called a groin strain, but Rangers manager Jeff Banister admitted that Hamilton's "whole lower half" has been an issue since he went on the disabled list with a strained hamstring at the end of May. The results of an MRI Saturday haven't been revealed yet, but it appears Hamilton could be shut down again. "Obviously, we’ll see where he is throughout the night," Banister said Saturday. "We’ll continue to try to manage how he feels. This is a guy we’d like to have for an extended period of time. I’m trying my best to figure this whole thing out with him and what is best for Josh."
                    Source: Fort Worth Star-TelegramJul 5 - 8:48 AM

Comment

• Massive disappointment Leonys Martin exiled to AAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        The Rangers lineup tonight had just TWO players batting over .197!
                        Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        They could do worse--like bringing in another aging vet. What odds that Choo and Fielder are gone by July 1?

J
                        Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        The Texas Rangers reached .500. Will they see it again this season?

J
                        OK. Who spiked the Gatorade?

They have been adding spare parts and aging arms and bats. I could have copied three posts about Wandy Rodriguez. It looked like they were just treading water.

Seriously, did anyone else see this developing?

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Smoke & mirrors. I have no idea how they're doing it with a pretty crappy staff and a largely mediocre lineup.

Comment

Smoke & mirrors. I have no idea how they're doing it with a pretty crappy staff and a largely mediocre lineup.
                            Yeah, it's just good luck. Just like some teams have bad luck and end up with a record worse than they should. Luck is a real thing. It always perplexes me when some folks say they don't believe in luck.

Statistically, luck is inevitable. In fact, it a statistical probability that folks can be consistently luckier than others for their whole lives. When you are talking about numbers like 7+ billion people, it is inevitable that a few of those 7 billion will be folks who lottery twice, oversleep and miss the plane when it ends up disappearing in the Indian Ocean, and more often than not pulls the one outer on the river after going all in against the better hand. And then there are those poor schleps who get struck by lightning, wake up from the coma with his wife banging his doctor, gets discharged after months of therapy and then dies of a heart attack the same day.

Last year, the Rangers were the dead lightning struck guy with all their injuries. This year they got to be closer to the lottery winner with things breaking their way in games. If any team deserves some good luck, they do.

Comment

Smoke & mirrors. I have no idea how they're doing it with a pretty crappy staff and a largely mediocre lineup.
                              CF Delino DeShields Jr.
                              RF Shin-Soo Choo
                              1B Prince Fielder
                              3B Adrian Beltre
                              DH Mitch Moreland
                              SS Elvis Andrus
                              2B Rougned Odor
                              LF Will Venable
                              C Bobby Wilson

I see your thinking. DeShields has been one of the best rule 5 picks of the season, but leading off? Choo, Fielder and Beltre are real hitters, but all are over 30. Moreland has been the surprise, but still. Yet this lineup is 7th in OPS and 5th in runs. You cannot call it mediocre at the plate. Defensively, mediocre is too good.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• You're right, the lineup is better at run producing than I thought. But they still have a -32 run differential, which is easily the worst of any contending team. By comparison, Toronto is at a whopping +173.

Comment

Working...
                                X