No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets place Pete Alonso on the 10-day IL with a left wrist bone bruise and sprain. He's expected to be out for 3-to-4 weeks.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Let’s assume the Mets are in a death spiral. What do they have to trade to other teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Mets place Pete Alonso on the 10-day IL with a left wrist bone bruise and sprain. He's expected to be out for 3-to-4 weeks.
        And Alonso is back in just 10 days after rubbing some dirt on it.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• David Stearns has agreed to become president of baseball operations for the New York Mets, according to several reports.

The 38-year-old will serve under owner Steve Cohen and above general manager Billy Eppler, the reports said Tuesday. Stearns led the Milwaukee Brewers’ baseball operations department from September of 2015 through the 2022 season before stepping down and moving into an advisory role.

Stearns is a New York City native and a Harvard graduate who interned with the Mets in 2007.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Mets place Jeff McNeil on the 10-day IL with a left elbow sprain.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Mets place Jeff McNeil on the 10-day IL with a left elbow sprain.

Jeff McNeil was diagnosed with a partial tear of the UCL in his right elbow.

Mets’ manager Buck Showalter told reporters on Thursday that the team is not considering surgery at this time and that he expects McNeil to be ready to go for the start of spring training.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Buck Showalter told reporters he is not returning as manager of the Mets in 2024.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Buck Showalter told reporters he is not returning as manager of the Mets in 2024.
                  Source?

Fwiw I’m 100% ok with this. Time for a new style. To be clear, the roster construction was not his fault. But bullpen usage was. And maybe a new face will inject some energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Source?

Fwiw I’m 100% ok with this. Time for a new style. To be clear, the roster construction was not his fault. But bullpen usage was. And maybe a new face will inject some energy.
                    Showalter broke the news during a press conference before Sunday’s game.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mets GM Billy Eppler resigned Thursday. Hours later, the Mets were reported by the New York Post to be under MLB investigation over alleged improper use of the injured list under Eppler. The executive reportedly told the Mets he did not want to be a distraction and stepped down.​

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Mets have hired Yankees bench coach Carlos Mendoza as their new manager.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Mets have hired Yankees bench coach Carlos Mendoza as their new manager.
                          That's a line I wouldn't have crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

That's a line I wouldn't have crossed.
                            Rim shot...

Comment

• Ronny Mauricio will undergo surgery after suffering a torn ACL in his right knee during a Dominican winter league game. He will probably miss most if not all of the 2024 season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Kodai Senga will start the season on the IL with a strained shoulder.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X