2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pauly says "jump, the Mets and deGrom say "how high?"

05.21... Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports that Jacob deGrom's (side) next start is expected to come with the Mets.
    Spin: DeGrom threw only 41 pitches over three innings in a rehab start with Low-A St. Lucie on Thursday, although he also did some more throwing in the bullpen after the outing. He fanned eight in the outing and consistently topped 100 mph, so he certainly looked healthy. If deGrom starts on regular rest, he'd rejoin the Mets' rotation next Tuesday at home against the Rockies.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• New definition of "man against boys" - DeGrom pitching to Low-A batters and hitting 100 MPH. Brutal.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• the man who wears many "hats" - actual story from July 24, 2017:

"When baseball games go long, weird stats tend to happen. Khalil Lee of the Lexington Legends, the Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals, found that out the hard way.

Lee took a 1-for-9 in the game, which dropped his batting average by five points. But that’s not the story. No, the story is that every one of those outs came by way of the strikeout. Getting a Golden Sombrero in a game is bad enough. He did it twice.

The Legends defeated the Delmavra Shorebirds (Baltimore Orioles) 7-6. The 21-inning game was just short of setting a South Atlantic League record."

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          New definition of "man against boys" - DeGrom pitching to Low-A batters and hitting 100 MPH. Brutal.
          Lmao, right? Imagine being some 19 year old kid a year or two removed from high school and stepping up to the plate against DeGrom. I'm picturing that Peyton Manning SNL sketch where he's crushing a bunch of kids in a game of tag football, drilling them in the backs of their heads with NFL caliber passes.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• tough spot for Khalil "The Big K" "The KMeister General" Lee - top 12, 1st and 3rd, one out, 3-3 and you know the Mets are out of players because he's batting.

well, our hero pulls a double down the RF line for a lead, and then teammate Fargas plates 2 more - though he is foiled in his bid for an inside-the-park HR.

Hager, KLee, Fargas - same heroes the Mets have been running out for years. months. weeks. days.

ok, first MLB hit for Hager and KLee - and Fargas just arrived the other day as well.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Rotoworld's breakdown is funny:

"Khalil Lee delivered a pinch-hit go-ahead RBI double as the Mets outlasted the Marlins 6-5 in 12 innings on Friday.

It was a wild one in Miami and the heroes for the Mets in the 12th weren't exactly household names. Jake Hager, Lee, and Johneshwy Fargas all had key hits. We swear those are real people. For Hager and Lee, it was their first career hits. Fargas delivered a two-run triple (and was thrown out trying for an inside-the-park home run) and the Mets needed it, as the Marlins scored two runs in the bottom of the 12th to make it close. Lee struck out in each of his first eight plate appearances in the majors before his go-ahead hit just inside the right-field line in the 12th. Quite a way to get off the schneid. Lee is mostly up in the majors out of necessity right now, so he'll surely head back down to the minors before long, but he has the potential to be a dynamic fantasy performer down the road."
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• "Hager and Lee" - yet the Mets have no Levi OR Strauss?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  "Hager and Lee" - yet the Mets have no Levi OR Strauss?
                  They would probably prefer Jordache or Sassoon.

Comment

• Carlos Carrasco now out until “late June/early July.” This is becoming 'very Mets-ish.'

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Carlos Carrasco now out until “late June/early July.” This is becoming 'very Mets-ish.'
                      Man, I am really regretting not paying up for Gerritt Cole. I decided to spread the wealth and part of that was getting Paxton and Cookie. Oops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Man, I am really regretting not paying up for Gerritt Cole. I decided to spread the wealth and part of that was getting Paxton and Cookie. Oops.
                        I'd be a cookie cutter but you'd pick him up on principle...
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I just landed Fargas off the wire and next game he goes down with injury. So Mets. So sad.

Comment

• my Fargas and Bader each were KO'd by a fence tonight (not that it matters to this sorry bunch). and also own Carrasco.

only category I lead in so far is money spent....

#thebeatingswillcontinue

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• And now both Conforto & McNeil will be out significantly longer than anticipated. Both will be out until "late June."

Comment

• and same for Carrasco, at best

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X