2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by southcoast View Post
    If you have to choose between Lee and Fargas for NL only 4 x4 (keeper) league who you going with?
    Lee has a sweet Left hand swing but Fargas, those SB...
    I think Lee has a better chance of being a 4th OF or more next year. Maybe Fargas can be Rajai Davis... maybe? But remember the Mets were willing to spend on real MLB depth this year and might do so again.

Comment

• if I had 4 more SB, I'd have 6 more SB points.
      Fargas could be nothing but a pinch-runner and help my cause.

I do like Lee better overall for this and next year (will the Mets sign Conforto?); scarfed him up last week
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• 2020 1st rd pick Pete Crow-Armstrong needs shoulder surgery and is done for the season.

Comment

• Golden Sombrero for Lee tonight in his first MLB start, to add to his K in his first AB last night so "5 for 5"

I'd love to tell you he hit a "couple of foul home runs" but he looks overmatched beyond belief.

preposterously small sample size. he LOOKS good when he gets into his stance, and he robbed Albies of an extra-base hit with a web gem in RF.

the other kid looked good, solid single up the middle and smacked a liner to OF that just didn't have enough air under it.

#samplesizes

I expect Maybin to replace one of them this weekend, and JD Davis will replace someone else (out of legends like Tovar, Mazeika, etc)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Even Billy Hamilton found out that you can't steal first base. Although Lloyd McClendon begs to differ (see my avatar).
            Last edited by madducks; 05-19-2021, 02:06 AM.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Golden Sombrero for Lee tonight in his first MLB start, to add to his K in his first AB last night so "5 for 5"

I'd love to tell you he hit a "couple of foul home runs" but he looks overmatched beyond belief.
              For 3 of those 5 K's he watched a breaking ball cross the plate for a called strike-three. He has alot of trouble with the curve ball.... Plus, he's missing by 2 inches on alot of other pitches. He does look terribly overmatched. Not to mention he thought it was fun to strike out to end the 9th...
              Last edited by southcoast; 05-19-2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Lee tries (not) to keep his perfect streak intact when he bats 8th tonight against Charlie Morton - right behind Fargas.

Cameron Maybin fills out trio of OFs that was not on the Mets' roster a week ago and he bats 3rd.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Taijuan Walker to the IL, leaving what, David Peterson & Marcus Stroman to start every game the next two weeks?

Comment

• Lee makes it 6-for-6, after the Mets announcers note that he is the first Mets position player ever to whiff in his first five trips to the plate.

he tends to fall behind in the count, hang in with a foul ball or two - and then get frozen looking by an 80 mph changeup.

UPDATE: this next time, Lee gets AHEAD in the count, hangs in with a foul ball or two - and then gets frozen looking by a changeup.

7 for 7!

I swear, this is the first new Met where, in his very first week in the big leagues, I feel like I must see every AB since.... (works through the old memory bank....) Darryl Strawberry!

LEE DOES IT AGAIN - 8 for 8 !

gets ahead 2-0, but whiffs on a low 2-2 pitch that he chased.

feeling the adrenaline that Kramer did in that Seinfeld episode when he got the car salesman to keep skipping exits even though they seemingly were out gas...
                    Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-19-2021, 08:28 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• I'm starting to feel sorry for the kid now. Give him the bunt sign already!
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• he was on deck in the 9th of a 4-4 game when the 3rd out was made and then the Mets lost.

made a Web Gem catch for the second straight night in RF. this one was Mets 4-3, runner on first, none out in 7th, and Freeman hits a rocket and this kid just goes and gets it. saved a run, for the moment.

I do NOT need him sticking around as a defensive replacement, though!

he has gotten to a 3-2 count a couple of times, but has yet to see a pitch outside the zone in that spot.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Silly me. I thought I was going to be the 1st one to notice that Khalil Lee has struck out in every one of his 1st 8 PAs in the majors so far. I dont know if that's ever happened before (probably has). His minors K rate was bad (28.4%) but not terrible. Hopefully he can figure out MLB pitching.

Comment

• can anyone here or anywhere explain to me a single good reason why the Mets would throw away DeGrom innings by pitching him on a rehab assignment tonight? If he aggravates the injury he is going back to the IL whether it was a rehab start or a regular one. Total waste!

Comment

• deGrom is excellent in many ways, and one of them is understanding his physical health.
                              if he thought this was not the best path, it would not be happening.
                              with Jake, the Mets have learned the third part of "lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way."

he writes his own ticket - and rightly so.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                deGrom is excellent in many ways, and one of them is understanding his physical health.
                                if he thought this was not the best path, it would not be happening.
                                with Jake, the Mets have learned the third part of "lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way."

he writes his own ticket - and rightly so.
                                And thank goodness for that! Maybe the Mets medical staff has improved under “uncle Stevie”, but if I’m DeGrom I’m not taking chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X