No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, I think it was a rubber baseball, so you both win!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• This is amazing. A fan is holding the ball right behind the umpire's back!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Swarzak off the DL. Will he close?
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Swarzak off the DL. Will he close?
          I would say yes.

Comment

• Jeff McNeil is an amazing hitter. Up to .341 now. If he’s somehow still available in your league and you can keep him, you need to jump on him now. He’s definitely the Mets everyday 2B next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              I would say yes.
              I’m rescinding this. Gsellman is closing for the remainder of the season.

Comment

• probably.

but Lugo was elite again tonight. FILTHY curveball and sneaky 97 mph fastball.

both are worth owning, depending on the format

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• allowed a 3-run triple tonight, but if he exits, he still made all of his owners happy unless they cut bait too early

By Tim Healey
                  [email protected]
                  Updated September 18, 2018 12:15 AM
                  Print Share

PHILADELPHIA — Zack Wheeler’s season, which began in the minors and ends as by far the best of his career, might be over.

Manager Mickey Callaway said Monday that the Mets will discuss shutting Wheeler down because of workload concerns. From 2015-17, Wheeler threw 87 1/3 innings. This year, he is up to 187 1/3 after tossing seven innings of four-run ball in a 9-4 win over the Phillies.

“We want to make sure we’re taking care of the player,” Callaway said.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Your eyes are not deceiving you — that was indeed David Wright pinch-hitting tonight, as he’ll play in his final games this weekend.

Comment

• Mets GM job down to three finalists -- Chaim Bloom of the Rays, retread Doug Melvin......and player agent Brodie Van Wagenen(??)

Comment

Mets GM job down to three finalists -- Chaim Bloom of the Rays, retread Doug Melvin......and player agent Brodie Van Wagenen(??)
                        Doug Melvin eliminated from consideration.

Also, the Mets 2nd best pitching prospect, Franklyn Kilome, who was acquired in the Asdrubal Cabrera deal, needs TJ surgery and will be out 18 months.

Comment

• Player agent Brodie Van Wagenen to be named the Mets GM. Interesting.

Comment

• Brodie's father-in-law was Neil Armstrong.

sadly, his wife's name is NOT Alice.

would be a great Mets black-and-white commercial. Brodie - in a fat suit - gets frustrated in their living room by her questioning the latest Mets trade.

fed up, Brodie finally gets up, eyes bulging, and pronounces, "TO THE MOON, ALICE!"

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              Brodie's father-in-law was Neil Armstrong.

sadly, his wife's name is NOT Alice.

would be a great Mets black-and-white commercial. Brodie - in a fat suit - gets frustrated in their living room by her questioning the latest Mets trade.

fed up, Brodie finally gets up, eyes bulging, and pronounces, "TO THE MOON, ALICE!"
                              What’s interesting is that he represents many Mets players, including Jacob deGrom. It’s not unprecedented for a club to name an agent as GM, but in this day and age of analytics, I wonder how he fares.

Comment

What’s interesting is that he represents many Mets players, including Jacob deGrom. It’s not unprecedented for a club to name an agent as GM, but in this day and age of analytics, I wonder how he fares.
                                That's a good question. Scott Boras and his company are very analytics based, but Dave Stewart didn't appear to be. I'm not sure where Van Wagenen falls in that spectrum.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X