No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a huge Passan fan, but his work this week seemed so apropos. One money quote:

The New York Mets are a waterfall of mismanagement, one that drains from the top to poison the well underneath. Nearly all of the absurdism that subsumes the Mets on a daily basis is self-inflicted, ingrained in the organizational culture, fixable but not so long as pettiness is an institutional mandate.
    From his weekly 10 degrees column, here: https://sports.yahoo.com/10-degrees-...150426129.html
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Tim Tebow broke his hand and is done for the season.

And Met fans everywhere are spared the ignominy of having Tebow be the team's best player come September.....

Comment

• Mets are calling up top prospect Jeff McNeil to play 3B and presumably 2B if and when Ass-dribble is traded.

Yoenis Cespedes placed on the DL, presumably for the season.

Comment

• Cespedes officially becomes a “never again” player in my book

Comment

• good night, Irene

Fred Kerber
            ‏ @FredKerber
            2m2 minutes ago

#Mets say Yoenis Cespedes will have surgery on both heels. Looking at 8-10 months minimum
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Mets are calling up top prospect Jeff McNeil to play 3B and presumably 2B if and when Ass-dribble is traded.
              It will be interesting to see how McNeil hits.

Coming into the year he was a .300 hitter with just a .090 ISO. 9 HR in 1335 PA. Suddenly as a 26 YO in AA/AAA he's hit 19 HR this year in just 384 PA with a .275 ISO. He's hitting .342/.411/.617

On surface, it looks to me like a AAAA type guy dominating younger competition but the dramatic power increase is unusual. Of note, "He’s 40 pounds of muscle bigger than in his last full season." --- source: http://mets.locals.baseballprospectu...tional-review/

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                good night, Irene

Fred Kerber
                ‏ @FredKerber
                2m2 minutes ago

#Mets say Yoenis Cespedes will have surgery on both heels. Looking at 8-10 months minimum
                Listening to Steve Sax on Sirius/Xm, and he said that he had essentially had the same Surgery and Cespedes is having (not sure how he knows that for sure), and it took him a little over 5 weeks to recover.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Listening to Steve Sax on Sirius/Xm, and he said that he had essentially had the same Surgery and Cespedes is having (not sure how he knows that for sure), and it took him a little over 5 weeks to recover.
                  So if it's 5 weeks with a normal team, I think estimating 8-10 months for the Mets is appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    So if it's 5 weeks with a normal team, I think estimating 8-10 months for the Mets is appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      LOL...what Ed said.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• 7-10 teams looking at Zach Wheeler, with the Brewers especially interested.

3-4 teams looking at Asdrubal Cabrera.

Comment

• this is so insane that you sort of root for it to continue because....

Matt Ehalt
                          ‏Verified account @MattEhalt
                          3m3 minutes ago

This seems like a joke, but it's not:

Jacob deGrom's last 12 starts:
                          1-6, 1.87 ERA. 87 IP, 65 H, 18 ER, 95 K.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            this is so insane that you sort of root for it to continue because....

Matt Ehalt
                            ‏Verified account @MattEhalt
                            3m3 minutes ago

This seems like a joke, but it's not:

Jacob deGrom's last 12 starts:
                            1-6, 1.87 ERA. 87 IP, 65 H, 18 ER, 95 K.
                            Nothing at all special about tonights start..
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Todd Frazier made an impressive diving catch into the stands vs. the Dodgers on Monday......but today admitted he didn't catch the ball and instead grabbed a ball that was sitting there. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                todd frazier made an impressive diving catch into the stands vs. The dodgers on monday......but today admitted he didn't catch the ball and instead grabbed a rubberball that was sitting there. Lol.
                                i ftfy

Comment

Working...
                                X