2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    That's right Ohtani, do you hear that? Stop it!
    But he IS a DH...so that's OK.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Pitch or field and bat. How hard is that. Sorta like baseball! If deGrom did it batting, that is interesting, he had a weird look on his face after the last pitch he threw and never returned. If he did it batting, he apparently can pitch just fine (the next inning) with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Pitch or field and bat. How hard is that. Sorta like baseball! If deGrom did it batting, that is interesting, he had a weird look on his face after the last pitch he threw and never returned. If he did it batting, he apparently can pitch just fine (the next inning) with it.
        He did go back out and pitch another inning, saying that throwing the ball was actually OK:

“He came in [after the at-bat] and said, ‘You know what, my arm hurts on that last swing so I’m just not going to swing the rest of the night. It feels fine throwing,’ ” Callaway said. “He didn’t have any issues throwing, so he went back out.”
        Suddenly, being out of first place by a half game isn’t atop the list of the Mets’ biggest worries. Stud right-hander Jacob deGrom exited after four dominant, scoreless innings with a hyperextended…

Which means to me, if I was Callaway, I'd tell him to stand in the batters box like a freakin' statue the rest of the season.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Meanwhile, Cespedes left his diamonds on the diamond.

Comment

• After initial reports suggested DeGrom would miss a month, the manager now says he might make his next start. Huge sigh of relief from me. Even if he does miss a start or two, it could have been worse.

Comment

• 10:45 AM ET

Jacob deGrom's MRI on his hyperextended right elbow revealed no ligament damage, the Mets announced on Thursday morning. The ace right-hander has been cleared to prepare for his next start, but he will be monitored for soreness and other potential setbacks.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                10:45 AM ET

Jacob deGrom's MRI on his hyperextended right elbow revealed no ligament damage, the Mets announced on Thursday morning. The ace right-hander has been cleared to prepare for his next start, but he will be monitored for soreness and other potential setbacks.
                Woo hoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Harvey flies to LA to party while the rest of the team flies to SD:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/01/mets-g...veys-partying/
                  Another shellacking today in relief... 5 ER in 2 innings, 3 BB. Fugly.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                    Another shellacking today in relief... 5 ER in 2 innings, 3 BB. Fugly.
                    Do the Mets have a reason to keep Harvey on the their roster? Didn't think so. They need to either send him down or wash their hands of him or give him a one way ticket back to LA. Cut your loses and go. Harvey was right about himself not being a bullpen pitcher.

Comment

• he can refuse a demotion
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        he can refuse a demotion
                        Just release him outright...he's on a 1 year deal worth a little over 5 and a half million. It's worth it to clear the clown out of the clubhouse.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Just release him outright...he's on a 1 year deal worth a little over 5 and a half million. It's worth it to clear the clown out of the clubhouse.
                          He appears to be begging to get released at this point.

Comment

• while its magnified when the whole team is slumping, this team is in serious trouble. Frazier and Bruce have their moments but the seem to be fewer and far between. Conforto and Rosario are disappointing. The catchers are a black hole and I cannot understand why they brought Gonzalez in and why he is still here. They obviously hate Flores. Reyes shouldnt be on the roster. And thats just the offense.
                            Jacob and Noah are fine but nobody has stepped up to be a reliable 3rd option. Vargas is a gas can. Matz always has an issue.

Perhaps its masked by the terrific start but this team will sink like a rock if Frazier and Bruce are in decline rather than slumping.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              while its magnified when the whole team is slumping, this team is in serious trouble. Frazier and Bruce have their moments but the seem to be fewer and far between. Conforto and Rosario are disappointing. The catchers are a black hole and I cannot understand why they brought Gonzalez in and why he is still here. They obviously hate Flores. Reyes shouldnt be on the roster. And thats just the offense.
                              Jacob and Noah are fine but nobody has stepped up to be a reliable 3rd option. Vargas is a gas can. Matz always has an issue.

Perhaps its masked by the terrific start but this team will sink like a rock if Frazier and Bruce are in decline rather than slumping.
                              The Mets offense has been terrible and they do need a few players to start hitting. Conforto to me shouldn't be leading off but they such a lack of who else can lead-off this makes it difficult to get table setters for the middle of the order. Ideally Rosario would figure things out but 4 BB with 25 K in 90 AB ain't going to work. Personally I would start getting Reyes more AB in hope he can get on base that would help but this is only a temp fix. This team is turning into a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                                but they such a lack of who else can lead-off this makes it difficult to get table setters for the middle of the order.
                                How about Nimmo and his .478 On-base %??
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X