2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    What do you guys think Wilmer Flores' role will be on this team? Will he get enough ABs to be worth keeping in an NL only for 2 bucks?
    Todd Frazier's two year deal certainly complicates things for Flores.

The Mets gave him a nice raise to avoid arbitration so they like him. I like the hrs for 2 bucks, but will he get more than 330 abs?

I guess for me it would depend on how many keepers I have and who is back in auction.

Comment

What do you guys think Wilmer Flores' role will be on this team? Will he get enough ABs to be worth keeping in an NL only for 2 bucks?
      Fpr $2, he still might be worth keeping, but it's hard to see what his role is right now. He'll probably end up on the short side of a platoon with Adrian Gonzalez to start the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Fpr $2, he still might be worth keeping, but it's hard to see what his role is right now. He'll probably end up on the short side of a platoon with Adrian Gonzalez to start the year.
        Also don't count out Smith either for 1B. I also have Flores for $4 in one league and $8 in another league and going to have to wait to see how this plays out. It depends more on how Cabrera & Gonzalez performs. Gonzalez contract would be easy for the Mets to get rid of if his decline continues from last season. I could see this heading into the season Flores sharing both 1B, 2B and occasional 3B start with Smith staying in AAA. Probably it is best to expect around 400 AB.

Comment

Depends on how many keepers you can have.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            Also don't count out Smith either for 1B. I also have Flores for $4 in one league and $8 in another league and going to have to wait to see how this plays out. It depends more on how Cabrera & Gonzalez performs. Gonzalez contract would be easy for the Mets to get rid of if his decline continues from last season. I could see this heading into the season Flores sharing both 1B, 2B and occasional 3B start with Smith staying in AAA. Probably it is best to expect around 400 AB.
            And the Mets aren't exactly known for their durability, so that sounds about right. I'd probably safely pencil in 300-350 ABs.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              And the Mets aren't exactly known for their durability, so that sounds about right. I'd probably safely pencil in 300-350 ABs.
              Yep, no way (without some injuries) does he sniff 400 abs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Depends on how many keepers you can have.
                It's unlimited keepers, but I went for it (like every year) so I dont have a ton of them frankly. I have maybe 6 keeps on offense, and only one of them is a corner infielder (Hoskins) with two middle infielders and a few OF. There's a decent player pool in this league though for the most part...I usually do well in the draft.

I am hoping for a 1B platoon with Gonzalez, because I think it is fairly clear that Adrian is stick a fork in him done. But hard to imagine Flores gets to 400 ab

Comment

• with unlimited keepers, and with his positional flexibility, I'm keeping him at $2 in an NL only
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Dominic Smith was late for the game and Manager Callaway benched him. Another demerit towards Smith starting the season in the majors.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                      Dominic Smith was late for the game and Manager Callaway benched him. Another demerit towards Smith starting the season in the majors.
                      i dont think it will play a role in the Mets decision-making. He is a good kid that made an isolated mistake.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                        Dominic Smith was late for the game and Manager Callaway benched him. Another demerit towards Smith starting the season in the majors.
                        Barring an injury to AGonz, I doubt Smith starts the season in the majors. However, I bet he ends the season with the most ABs at 1B.

Comment

• widespread vibe in this neck of the woods is that Smith's chances to start the season were slim anyway. no chance he and AdGonz are on the Opening Day roster, and the frugal Mets are telling themselves that the latter has a "dead cat bounce" left in him.

Mets are also willing again to play Bruce some at first (wisely or not), or Conforto when he returns, and they have another prospect there who is getting closer. and of course Flores is death to LHP and is liable to take those 1B AB all season.

and wait, now HAMMER is back, too?

look at RJ, gettin' the band back together!
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            It’s about that time... hooray for baseball!

Btw did anyone see Mike Gianella’s tweet about the Mets? Nice spoof of their classic song. Something like:

Meet the Mets
                            And know despair.
                            Walk into traffic like you don’t care!
                            Etc.

Solid pull by Mike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              We should start an old school RJ league for shits and giggles, like a free ESPN one or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                                We should start an old school RJ league for shits and giggles, like a free ESPN one or something.
                                And our online auction could have as its non- existent draft day spread a certain meatloaf.

Comment

Working...
                                X