No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just found out who's on the Met's medical team.

32183.jpg

Comment

• even with everything falling apart around them, Sandy Alderson still finds time to promote the .222 hitting Tim Tebow to High-A.

Comment

• Ron Darling has had enough of these crappy Mets trainers:

Comment

• Maybe the Mets should hire this guy as a trainer. He seems to know a lot about how to stay healthy.

According to Mike Puma of the New York Post, the Mets remain open to a reunion with Bartolo Colon.
          The speculation started as soon as Colon was designated for assignment by the Braves last week. The 44-year-old is still owed about half of his $12.5 million salary, so he's a sure thing to clear waivers and will be eligible to sign with any team on Thursday. Colon posted an unsightly 8.14 ERA over 13 starts with the Braves and might not have much left in the tank at this point, but Puma writes that the Mets view him as insurance for the rotation. Of course, he's also a fan and clubhouse favorite.
          (Source: New York Post via Rotoworld)
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Great rant by Darling. I remain a big fan.

And as for Colon, why not? Fan favorite. And it would be a good acknowledgement that this season is toast. Typical Mets would finish 15 games back but in second place, thereby ruining any shot at decent draft picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Great rant by Darling. I remain a big fan.

And as for Colon, why not? Fan favorite. And it would be a good acknowledgement that this season is toast. Typical Mets would finish 15 games back but in second place, thereby ruining any shot at decent draft picks.
              Why not? I would think the Mets would be better served at looking at some youngsters and figuring out what they have for 2018 rather than bringing in a 44 y/o with nothing left but extra poundage and bad jeri curls. I realize many think the Mets are a circus but that doesnt mean Alderson needs to confirm it by bringing in Colon.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Colon has a weird charisma that at least appeared to energize the Mets' clubhouse. I'd bring him in for 2 starts. after the last two seasons, if he won a couple, that team might wake up. I really can't explain it.

My expectation would be that he sucks, gets released, and they vanish without a trace until selling off half the team on July 31. but it's a lottery ticket I would play.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Maybe the Mets need to figure out what direction they are going in. They are 7 games under .500 and they have ton of players on the DL. I would think the better moves would be to sell off Bruce, Cabrera, Reed, Reyes if he ever gets on a hot streak and Walker if he does look healthier by trade deadline and bring up their younger players so they get some major league seasoning. The players traded are likely not going to be with the Mets next season so why not and this gives them a chance to stock some prospects. They can still come back next season with a competing team.

Comment

• Oh for the love of God...the Twins just signed Colon. Just what they need. Ugh...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Dominic Smith coming to the show tomorrow

Comment

• Conforto done for the year with a dislocated shoulder

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Conforto done for the year with a dislocated shoulder
                          Seems like the Mets are the most cursed team in baseball.

Comment

• Cespedes with a recurrence of the hamstring problems, probably out for the season also.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I was at the Conforto game Thursday afternoon for an annual meetup with a pal on a midweek matinee.
                              same section as usual, except instead of about $75 apiece, I got seats there for $8.87 on Stubhub.

we'd have gone regardless of price, so not a bad deal!
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• What do you guys think Wilmer Flores' role will be on this team? Will he get enough ABs to be worth keeping in an NL only for 2 bucks?

Comment

Working...
                                X