No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a completely unpredictable development, Syndergaard got four outs, gave up five runs, and then had to leave the game with a muscle injury.

WASHINGTON — Noah Syndergaard will get an MRI after all. The Mets righthander left his start Sunday in the second inning with what the team is calling a “possible lat strain,” fou…
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
      In a completely unpredictable development, Syndergaard got four outs, gave up five runs, and then had to leave the game with a muscle injury.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3120345
      Yeah, who could have seen that coming from a guy who couldn't lift his throwing arm over his shoulder a few days ago? Oh yeah, he also refused to get an MRI...said that he felt great. Who better to listen to than the man himself? Mets just keep bein' Mets...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Strained his lat it appears....this is probably a 6-to-8 week injury...

Comment

• You'd think the Mets would have the best trainers in the Bigs and an on call medical staff with a surgeon who can do TJ surgery on the fly.

Is Preller doing their Medicals too?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Strained his lat it appears....this is probably a 6-to-8 week injury...
            MRI shows a partial tear of the right lat muscle ... that doesn't sound good.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              MRI shows a partial tear of the right lat muscle ... that doesn't sound good.
              No it does not. A 'strain' is a 6-to-8 week injury. A tear seems like a minimum of 3 months, if he comes back at all.

Comment

• Matz had a similar injury in 2015 and missed 2 months.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I suspect, given this is the Mets medical team, that Thor will be front page of the "Increased Playing Time Breakouts", circa 2018.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    I suspect, given this is the Mets medical team, that Thor will be front page of the "Increased Playing Time Breakouts", circa 2018.
                    or maybe 2019. The Mets will treat him incorrectly, he gets hurt again and is back mid-2019.

Comment

No it does not. A 'strain' is a 6-to-8 week injury. A tear seems like a minimum of 3 months, if he comes back at all.
                      Actually, a strain is a tear, in a muscle or tendon. They're graded by degrees...1 being the mildest, with a slight tear, with little or no instability. 2 is more serious, and 3 is a complete tear of the muscle or ligament.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Joel Sherman reporting Thor gone a "minimum of 3 months."

Comment

• man, the team is becoming a parody of itself now.

(Mets assistant GM John) Ricco refuted the notion that Cabrera has sustained a torn ligament in his thumb. “The ligament is not affected,” said Ricco. “It’s a joint. We have to see how he feels [Tuesday]. To his credit, he wants to keep fighting.” Cabrera himself, however, told Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News on Sunday that he had torn a ligament in his thumb.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            man, the team is becoming a parody of itself now.
                            I read that also. Does the Mets left hand have any idea what the right hand is doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                              I read that also. Does the Mets left hand have any idea what the right hand is doing.
                              the medical staff isn't sure which is which
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• The Mets have had themselves a helluva day! Today alone they lost Matt Harvey, Neil Walker, Juan Lagares and Josh Smoker to injury, and Thor is now likely out a month longer than expected!

Comment

Working...
                                X