No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would buy low on Conforto, for sure. he just got out of rhythm, and he'll get it back. Mets also want him to be starting in 2017, which is important to evaluations....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I think buying low on Conforto is a great idea but I have a little twist on things. I'm rebuilding in my 11-team NL-only and a contending owner has him at $4 but to make it worth my while I would have to extend him to $14 through 2019 - is he the kind of player that's worth that?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        I think buying low on Conforto is a great idea but I have a little twist on things. I'm rebuilding in my 11-team NL-only and a contending owner has him at $4 but to make it worth my while I would have to extend him to $14 through 2019 - is he the kind of player that's worth that?
        I think he's worth that, with a little profit. I'd see him as a high teens player with upside to low 20s.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think buying low on Conforto is a great idea but I have a little twist on things. I'm rebuilding in my 11-team NL-only and a contending owner has him at $4 but to make it worth my while I would have to extend him to $14 through 2019 - is he the kind of player that's worth that?
          I disagree with Chance here...he's shown that he CAN be that 14 buck player, but is he going to be that player? I think that he was promoted too soon, and was eventually overmatched...and the lefty split certainly didn't help. He needs to learn how to hit leftys, or he's going to end up with a Seth Smith platoon kind of career. Not necessarily bad, but not someone I'd go out of my way to roster.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I disagree with Chance here...he's shown that he CAN be that 14 buck player, but is he going to be that player? I think that he was promoted too soon, and was eventually overmatched...and the lefty split certainly didn't help. He needs to learn how to hit leftys, or he's going to end up with a Seth Smith platoon kind of career. Not necessarily bad, but not someone I'd go out of my way to roster.
            Agree with this.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• yeah, I like him but don't make the mistake of erasing all the profit. Can you have him at $9 thru 2018? that's more like it.

I'm consistently confused by the vast popularity here and elsewhere of adding the max years at the expense of max profit. if a guy like Conforto turns out to be a $20 player the next two years, does it make more sense to think "geesh, I wish I had him one more year at $14" instead of "sweet, I got $20 production out of a player who only cost me $9, and I can see how that helped me cash!"

the other possibility is he craps out, in which case you don't eat much of a deficit by only paying $9.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Jude's points are very good. $9 through '18 is an excellent idea.

Comment

• Our league requires at least a 2-year extension so it's either keep him for $4 next year or extend him to 2019 for $14 every year. If I owned him now I'd probably just ride it out but if I'm going to give up quality pieces to trade for him I'd want to be able to extend him.

I believe there's a minor injury at play as well - didn't he tweak his wrist a while back?

Comment

• Syndergaard hurt tonight, barking elbow, Matz may be heading for elbow surgery (bone spur), and what does classless Terry Collins do? Belittles the longtime PR guy for the Mets, Jay Horowitz...calling him a "puppy dog". A truly classless act.

New York Mets manager Terry Collins delivered a cheap shot at veteran team PR director Jay Horwitz during his postgame media session on Wednesday.

Collins was not going to address star pitcher Noah Syndergaard leaving the Mets' 4-3 win over the Royals with an elbow injury until Horwitz apparently made a request for him to do so. Collins reacted negatively to the suggestion and then mocked the media relations VP by calling him a “puppy dog.”

“The puppy dog wants you guys to know that Noah Syndergaard’s seeing the doctor,” Collins said. “His elbow flared up on him. That’s why I took him out of the game.”
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• So, Thor has a bone spur but he's pitching through it. Matz has a bone spur, WAS pitching through it, but is now having too much pain to keep doing so. Conforto got a cortisone shot in his wrist, and got sent to the minors instead of going on the DL.

In other words, a typical day for the Mets.

Comment

Our league requires at least a 2-year extension so it's either keep him for $4 next year or extend him to 2019 for $14 every year. If I owned him now I'd probably just ride it out but if I'm going to give up quality pieces to trade for him I'd want to be able to extend him.

I believe there's a minor injury at play as well - didn't he tweak his wrist a while back?
                        He did. And I saw it as short term. However, I keep forgetting about the blaring incompetence - or, at least worse outcomes on injuries - of the Mets medical staff.

Comment

• Wheeler has been pushed back several times, but I still have hopes for a stretch run.

Did this team really make the WS last season?

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• And Bartolo Colon just keeps chugging along while the young pitching phenoms nurse their injuries.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mets watchers...Nimmo: starting spot his for the rest of the year if he hits ok? Or Duda to LF, Loney stays at 1B? Or is Conforto on his way back from AAA soon and this is just a cup of coffee for Nimmo?

Comment

• Originally posted by james33 View Post
                                Mets watchers...Nimmo: starting spot his for the rest of the year if he hits ok? Or Duda to LF, Loney stays at 1B? Or is Conforto on his way back from AAA soon and this is just a cup of coffee for Nimmo?
                                If Conforto plays well in AAA (and so far he's 4-for-12 with 2 BBs) then yeah, this is a cup of coffee for Nimmo.

Comment

Working...
                                X