No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I added Cespedes a day after the Mets did.

yeah, that's worked out pretty well on both fronts.....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I kinda hope the Mets sign him. He probably isn't this good (who is?). But I would like to see the Mets spend some money on a bat.

Comment

• I still would not recommend a signing, at this point.

2 months from now, review is he's lackadaisical in the field at times, dozes on the bases, and does not seem like a guy who will look to spend more time in the gym once he gets paid.

but forget that. Mets have the supermodel now and enjoy the ride.......
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I really think Yoenis Cespedes wins the NL MVP award. It's crazy considering he's only been a Met 7 weeks, but he may be the best trade deadline pickup in years and interleague play has rendered single league stats moot. Harper's candidacy is sinking with the Nats.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I really think Yoenis Cespedes wins the NL MVP award. It's crazy considering he's only been a Met 7 weeks, but he may be the best trade deadline pickup in years and interleague play has rendered single league stats moot. Harper's candidacy is sinking with the Nats.
            I don't think that there's a chance of that happening...what Harper is doing is astonishing. An 1.113 OPS??? How is that even possible?

Cespedes is 115 points less, and even since the trade, he's behind Harper by 75 OPS.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I don't think that there's a chance of that happening...what Harper is doing is astonishing. An 1.113 OPS??? How is that even possible?

Cespedes is 115 points less, and even since the trade, he's behind Harper by 75 OPS.
              Completely agree that Harper is having an unbelievable year. But since the Mets got Cespedes, they are 28-11 and have gone from 2.5 gms back to 9.5 gms ahead, and the Nats won't even make the playoffs. At this point, as long as the writers take into account his entire year (6.2 WAR), I can't see Cespedes finishing worse than second. Harper's not to blame for the 12 game swing, but the voters have to take Cespedes' impact into account. Either way, a deserving winner.

Comment

• Terry Collins agrees to a 2-year extension

Comment

• Mets get an early Xmas gift as expensive pinch hitter Michael Cuddyer retires.

Comment

• Remember when he was a MI?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Why do the Mets have three days off in the first five days of the season?
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Syndergaard looked NASTY tonight. Cy Young Nasty

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
                          Syndergaard looked NASTY tonight. Cy Young Nasty
                          Yeah, he threw a 93 MPH SLIDER! Kieth Law on Twitter said that he'd never heard of anything like that, let alone seen one...scary.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Kind of a silly thing to claim mere days after the same guy threw one faster than that. Kind of doubly silly when there was a guy named Randy Johnson who pitched in the big leagues for a little while there. Law's about my age, though, so maybe he wasn't watching much baseball in his 20s when Johnson was in his prime.
                            I might be hazy but I thought Kevin Brown threw a slider like that, and so does Aroldis Chapman, no?

Comment

Kind of a silly thing to claim mere days after the same guy threw one faster than that. Kind of doubly silly when there was a guy named Randy Johnson who pitched in the big leagues for a little while there. Law's about my age, though, so maybe he wasn't watching much baseball in his 20s when Johnson was in his prime.
                              The Big Unit was normally around 91 on his slider in his prime. I'm not saying he couldn't touch 93, but his average slider was right around 91 in his prime.

Of course, if I were a left handed hitter, and Randy threw me one of those sliders, I'd probably wet my pants.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

According to the stats, Arquimedes Caminero has averaged nearly 93 MPH (92.6) on his slider this year. Wade Davis averaged 94.1 on his slider in 2014.
                                Well, according to Fangraphs, Davis didn't throw a slider in either 2013 or 2015, and he threw the slider 0.1% of the time in 2014. And the same source shows that Caminero averaged 91 MPH on his slider last year, or SSS this season. I think for a starter to do this i pretty remarkable.

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 13h13 hours ago

keithlaw Retweeted Rick Duncan

I saw him at his peak, never saw a SL above maybe 92, definitely not 95

keithlaw added,
                                Rick Duncan @FedSocLawProf
                                @keithlaw Didn't Joba Chamberlain have a slider about that fast?
                                3 retweets 12 likes
                                keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 14h14 hours ago

keithlaw Retweeted Craig Bertorello

Zero. I can't even remember hearing about one.

keithlaw added,
                                Craig Bertorello @crbert01
                                @keithlaw Serious question... How many 93-95mph sliders have you seen in your years scouting and evaluating prospects?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X