2K24: New York Mets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    Cespedes with 3 HR in tonight's game, and only thru 6 innings.
    The third time this season a Met has hit 3 HRs in a game!

Comment

• And y'know, thank the lord MLB ended mono-league stats a couple of years ago. It would be incredibly annoying to see Cespedes just had 6 or 7 HRs in the boxscore!

Comment

• The Mets have scored 64 runs in their last 6 games. This team is as hot as I can ever remember, '86 included.

Comment

• Steven Matz threw 56 pitches (41 strikes) over 6 scoreless innings in his AA rehab start tonight. He only gave up 1 hit and 0 walks while striking out 6. I think he's ready.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Steven Matz threw 56 pitches (41 strikes) over 6 scoreless innings in his AA rehab start tonight. He only gave up 1 hit and 0 walks while striking out 6. I think he's ready.
            I don't know about you, but this seems like a team of destiny. TOR-NYM series?

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Steven Matz threw 56 pitches (41 strikes) over 6 scoreless innings in his AA rehab start tonight. He only gave up 1 hit and 0 walks while striking out 6. I think he's ready.
              Matz, in his final rehab start tonight at AA: 78 pitches (49 strikes) 5.1 ip, 0 r, 1 h , 2 bb, 4 k.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bartolo Colon with 16 consecutive shutout innings after back to back scoreless starts against the Phils plus a scoreless inning of relief in between starts. Maybe the Mets should give him a five year contract.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Colon is so old that he went 10-4 for the EXPOS five years after his MLB debut

more W than HOFers Coveleski, Smoltz, Haines, Bender, Haines, Drysdale, etc

- doesn't mean he's better.....
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Colon is so old that he went 10-4 for the EXPOS five years after his MLB debut

more W than HOFers Coveleski, Smoltz, Haines, Bender, Haines, Drysdale, etc

- doesn't mean he's better.....
                    Colon is so old, he had an 18 win season during the Clinton administration.

Comment

• Syndergaard will have his next start skipped with Matz getting called up to take his place. After that i guess it's a six man rotation.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Looks like Matt Harvey has decided to shut himself down this year. Today he said that he's always considered 180 innings his limit, and he's currently at 166.3. He wouldn't discuss any potential post-season pitching, although the Mets say that he'll be used...no word if he agrees with that.

This is SUCH a Mets situation...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• this created such an instant stir in NYC media that Boras already is backpedaling, saying "Matt Harvey wants to pitch" and that they'll try to figure something out with the doctors.

the whole Boras/Harvey combo "announcements" this week were textbook dopey PR. let's see if they can unring the bell without a CitiField 'Matt Harvey Jerseys into the Bonfire Night' being scheduled.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            the whole Boras/Harvey combo "announcements" this week were textbook dopey PR. let's see if they can unring the bell without a CitiField 'Matt Harvey Jerseys into the Bonfire Night' being scheduled.
                            Love it, J J! I am increasingly annoyed with Harvey (as a fan). I understand the desire to protect your financial wellbeing. But would like to see a little more team mentality. Even a disingenuous "it would really break my heart to be shut down when we are in a pennant race, but I understand that the team wants to protect its investment in me."

Comment

• damage control effort has been solid, but traditional media has been feasting anyway. I think the Harvey team did just enough that if he kicks butt tomorrow night, he has a chance to weather the storm. but he if blows tomorrow's game and Mets also lose Wed, he might soon need that Dark Knight body armor....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Matt Williams moves up on the Mets MVP ranking

Comment

Working...
                                X