Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins Sign Nolasco

no word on terms or years yet.

Assuming the terms are reasonable, I like it. He has more upside than the guys the Twins usually sign, and he's "only" 30.

Now, if it's a one-year deal, it makes no sense, as the Twins aren't going to contend and his value should be high after last year's performance. But if it's two years or better yet three, me likee.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Longer than I'd like for a pitcher:

Four years, $49M guaranteed with a 2018 option. Gets $12M a year in 2014-17 with $1M buyout on option.

But overall, I can't complain...he's a genuine big leaguer who can actually strike a guy out when needed, very un-Twins-like. Target field should be a good environment for him, and he'll help the transition from the old crappy club, to one where the stud prospects take over. Good signing, IMO...I'll never complain about how much a player makes again, simply because the owners make so much more.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Longer than I'd like for a pitcher:

Four years, $49M guaranteed with a 2018 option. Gets $12M a year in 2014-17 with $1M buyout on option.

But overall, I can't complain...he's a genuine big leaguer who can actually strike a guy out when needed, very un-Twins-like. Target field should be a good environment for him, and he'll help the transition from the old crappy club, to one where the stud prospects take over. Good signing, IMO...I'll never complain about how much a player makes again, simply because the owners make so much more.
        I agree that four years may be a year too long, but for once, the Twins did what they had to do to get a respectable free agent instead of settling for leftovers. The option is a club option for $13 million in 2018, but which becomes a player option if he reaches a certain innings pitched level in 2016-17.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Working...
        X