Mlb network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mlb network

Absolutely love this network & the majority of the programming.

However, Brian Kenny and the freaking gomer Sean Casey can go away...please

I love Brian Kenny. I think he's one of the better things about the network.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      I love Brian Kenny. I think he's one of the better things about the network.
      I believe most probably do - I'm just not overboard with sabermetrics - Kenny wears me out with that crap.

BIG fan of Billy Ripkin.

Comment

I'm with you on Sean Casey. I like Brian Kenny in smaller doses. No doubt, he knows his stuff, but there's something about him that gives me the fingernails-on-chalkboard feeling with him.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          I believe most probably do - I'm just not overboard with sabermetrics - Kenny wears me out with that crap.

BIG fan of Billy Ripkin.
          I probably shouldn't say too much, but not everyone who is into sabermetrics loves Brian Kenny.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            I probably shouldn't say too much, but not everyone who is into sabermetrics loves Brian Kenny.
            LOL - you didn't have to.................say too much

Comment

I keep it on most of the day in my office, and the only think I dislike about it is they repeat the morning shows all day, then show other stuff they've aired 10 million times after that until 3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I'm with you on Sean Casey. I like Brian Kenny in smaller doses. No doubt, he knows his stuff, but there's something about him that gives me the fingernails-on-chalkboard feeling with him.
                If Casey on the MLB network is anything like he was as a player with the Reds, he needs to slow down, take a breath once in a while, and get away from the idea that a nanosecond of silence is a crime against nature. He's a great guy, according to everyone I've ever met who knows him, but geez, come up for air, will ya?
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  His social media approach certainly rubs some the wrong way. I wish he were a bit less confrontational with those he doesn't agree with.

I would also like to see him have a full-time co-host on Clubhouse Confidential

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                    If Casey on the MLB network is anything like he was as a player with the Reds, he needs to slow down, take a breath once in a while, and get away from the idea that a nanosecond of silence is a crime against nature. He's a great guy, according to everyone I've ever met who knows him, but geez, come up for air, will ya?
                    Ditto on Casey. He doesn't seem like a bad guy just one who is trying too hard. I like pretty much everyone on the network except for maybe Matt Yallof. That guy just doesn't seem to fit in or click well with the others.

Comment

So... I know I asked this a while ago, but I can't find where I asked it...

With baseball season around the corner, what are my options for getting Phillies games here in CA? What would you all suggest?
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

With baseball season around the corner, what are my options for getting Phillies games here in CA? What would you all suggest?

mlb.com package
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          mlb.com package
                          so with that I would watch it on TV through my X-Box? what does the Live Game DVR option mean? Can you tape, pause, rewind games?
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

so with that I would watch it on TV through my X-Box? what does the Live Game DVR option mean? Can you tape, pause, rewind games?
                            I believe you can watch through your xbox. Not sure about your other questions.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Depending on whether you have cable or directv, and whether the Phillies are on Comcast or Fox Sports regionally, rather than the full mlb package, there might be a way to get Comcast SportsNet Philly or Fox Sports Philly only.

Comment

Working...
                              X