No announcement yet.

2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the trio of Woodruff, Burnes & Peralta be the most talented 1-2-3 in Brewers history? It’s not like they were ever chock full of starting pitchers.

ETA - I’m now looking at the franchise pitching history, and man, Woodruff and Burnes have a shot to shoot up the board pretty quickly, lol. What a dismal list.

Comment

• Ben Sheets, Dave Bush, and ___?

Was Yovanny G on the same team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Ben Sheets, Dave Bush, and ___?

Was Yovanny G on the same team?
        Gallardo was not in the rotation with those two. Sabathia was for a half season, but Bush was very mediocre that year. It's kind of sad that Teddy Higuera, Gallardo or Sheets is probably the best pitcher this franchise has ever had.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Could the trio of Woodruff, Burnes & Peralta be the most talented 1-2-3 in Brewers history? It’s not like they were ever chock full of starting pitchers.

ETA - I’m now looking at the franchise pitching history, and man, Woodruff and Burnes have a shot to shoot up the board pretty quickly, lol. What a dismal list.
          Sabathia and Ben Sheets was a pretty good 1-2 punch for the latter half of 2008. But there was no viable 3rd SP. Judging from MLB the Show, and the lack of BrewCrew pitchers, you may be right.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            Sabathia and Ben Sheets was a pretty good 1-2 punch for the latter half of 2008. But there was no viable 3rd SP. Judging from MLB the Show, and the lack of BrewCrew pitchers, you may be right.
            This is their Top 10 Pitchers by WAR. It's not pretty:

Code:
            1.	Teddy Higuera	30.3
            2.	Ben Sheets	25.6
            3.	Chris Bosio	18.6
            4.	Bill Wegman	17.8
            5.	Mike Caldwell	17.3
            6.	Moose Haas	15.7
            7.	Jim Slaton	15.6
            8.	Yovani Gallardo	15.5
            9.	Cal Eldred	13.1
            10.	Jim Colborn	12.3

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Could the trio of Woodruff, Burnes & Peralta be the most talented 1-2-3 in Brewers history? It’s not like they were ever chock full of starting pitchers.

Easily. Ben Sheets is really the only truly dominant homegrown pitcher the Brewers had, and during most of his best years (02-04), the Brewers just were not good. He easily outperformed Clemens in '04, but since Clemens won 18 and Sheets was 12-14, Clemens ran away with the Cy.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Narvaez is looking like his 2019 self again.
                Last edited by madducks; 04-03-2021, 08:53 PM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Easily. Ben Sheets is really the only truly dominant homegrown pitcher the Brewers had, and during most of his best years (02-04), the Brewers just were not good. He easily outperformed Clemens in '04, but since Clemens won 18 and Sheets was 12-14, Clemens ran away with the Cy.
                  I think Higuera was more dominant than Sheets. His stretch from 1986-1988 made him one of the best pitchers in the AL.

Comment

• Didn’t Pete Vukovich win a Cy Young as a Brewer?
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• The first year I played roto I had both Teddy Higuera and Juan Nieves. Man that was a very long time ago.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        The first year I played roto I had both Teddy Higuera and Juan Nieves. Man that was a very long time ago.
                        Impressive! I didn’t start actively playing until 1997. Got interested a few years earlier after reading the Glenn Waggoner book about the original league. Couldn’t find guys to play with until then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          Impressive! I didn’t start actively playing until 1997. Got interested a few years earlier after reading the Glenn Waggoner book about the original league. Couldn’t find guys to play with until then.
                          Impressive ... that I can remember that 'cause I'm so old ...
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            The first year I played roto I had both Teddy Higuera and Juan Nieves. Man that was a very long time ago.
                            I wrote a story from Yankee Stadium in the mid-1980s about the up-and-coming Brewers rotation. recommendation was for me to seek assistance from Frank Howard, the former Senators slugger who was a Brewers coach. talked to him on the field pre-game. he gives me a warm greeting, and then this giant of a man practically disappears me into a hug as he walks me over to the pitching coach.

tells that coach that I'm a good friend of his, and that he needs to be sure to answer any questions I might have. lol

there are a million Frank Howard stories out there. once read of a guy who rode the Amtrak with him for a couple of hours. he figured he'd just get an autograph and then leave him alone. instead, they talked baseball for a couple of hours until the train reached the station. that's pretty cool.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              I wrote a story from Yankee Stadium in the mid-1980s about the up-and-coming Brewers rotation. recommendation was for me to seek assistance from Frank Howard, the former Senators slugger who was a Brewers coach. talked to him on the field pre-game. he gives me a warm greeting, and then this giant of a man practically disappears me into a hug as he walks me over to the pitching coach.

tells that coach that I'm a good friend of his, and that he needs to be sure to answer any questions I might have. lol

there are a million Frank Howard stories out there. once read of a guy who rode the Amtrak with him for a couple of hours. he figured he'd just get an autograph and then leave him alone. instead, they talked baseball for a couple of hours until the train reached the station. that's pretty cool.
                              Good people leave ripples of good in their wake. Make the world a nicer place to live.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                Didn’t Pete Vukovich win a Cy Young as a Brewer?
                                He did. The other was Rollie Fingers who also won the Most Valuable Player award that same year.

The year was 1981.

Comment

Working...
                                X