No announcement yet.

2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First pitch strike rate is up over 5%, too. Limited data set and all, but for a guy without dominant stuff, I think that's significant too.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Nelson is off to a good start too. 13 K to 2 BB. For sure only 2 games so far but if he can turn the corner on walking hitters he could be a nice surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
        He's throwing his cutter a lot more (http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...on=P#pitchtype) but that's all I can see. Velocity looks about the same.
        Remind me, are the velocity readings on fangraphs increased due to Statcast vs PitchFx, or can we compare 2017 to 2016 data on fangraphs directly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Remind me, are the velocity readings on fangraphs increased due to Statcast vs PitchFx, or can we compare 2017 to 2016 data on fangraphs directly?
          I don't know. I doubt they have the conversions certain enough yet; I remember someone (Cameron or Sullivan I think) talking about having worked out that the conversion factor was something like .991 but it was also correlated with release point and they didn't have it solved yet. I'm assuming that we can't compare directly on the site yet.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            Nelson is off to a good start too. 13 K to 2 BB. For sure only 2 games so far but if he can turn the corner on walking hitters he could be a nice surprise.
            I picked him up today after terminating Buchholz. He has a new pitch, which gives me mild, mild hope. has gotten dinged for a pair of 2-run HRs vs Cubs tonight, but has the lead and allowed 6 H and 1 BB thru 5 after beating Cubs in first try. worth a mull in NL-only.
            unless the 4 more ER he allowed in the 6th give you pause.

it's the Cubs. if no one has him yet, his now 4.42 ERA means they won't look. let's see his next start.
            Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-18-2017, 09:22 PM.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Last I read Brinson was tearing up the minors - so Braun gets hurts and we get...Eric Sogard? seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Last I read Brinson was tearing up the minors - so Braun gets hurts and we get...Eric Sogard? seriously?
                Doesn't it suck that some teams are far more concerned with keeping players cheap than winning?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Doesn't it suck that some teams are far more concerned with keeping players cheap than winning?
                  Yeah, but it's the Brewers. No one cares about them anyway.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Last I read Brinson was tearing up the minors - so Braun gets hurts and we get...Eric Sogard? seriously?
                    Moving Thames to OF and Aguilar (who was a beast in spring training) gets more playing time. This makes more sense to a rebuilding team than burning up control time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Moving Thames to OF and Aguilar (who was a beast in spring training) gets more playing time. This makes more sense to a rebuilding team than burning up control time.
                      Plus, they've been trying to find PT for Hernan Perez all year and this is a good way for him to get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        The Brewers are like 5 games over .500 - that's not rebuilding.

Comment

The Brewers are like 5 games over .500 - that's not rebuilding.
                          The Twins are 4 games over .500, and leading their division. Trust me, they're rebuilding, as well as the Brewers.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

And the mighty Eric Sogard continues to dominate the NL.

For those keeping track of teams likely to dump/rebuild, I'd say recent events point to the Brewers becoming less likely to do so. Support:

- Had the Brewers wanted to start the rebuild, I think they'd have brought up Brinson to see how close he really was. The loss of control time versus knowing if he was ready or really close would have tilited to knowing if he was ready/really close, given Braun is going 10/5.
                            - Quietly, Braun has pretty much come off the market.
                            - The move of Knebel to closer. Had the Brewers still been committed to rebuilding this year, they'd have left Feliz in the role longer and see if he could work out his issues. Feliz will still carry some value as a MR on the market, but it's notably less.
                            - Sitting Villar down for a couple days. This has been easily covered by keeping the white-hot Sogard in the lineup, but they're sending him a message.

Now, all this could change if the Brewers suck in the next month and fall out of contention. But if they keep playing well, I'd not be surprised if they're buyers (esp. for SP) instead of sellers.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              And the mighty Eric Sogard continues to dominate the NL.

For those keeping track of teams likely to dump/rebuild, I'd say recent events point to the Brewers becoming less likely to do so. Support:

- Had the Brewers wanted to start the rebuild, I think they'd have brought up Brinson to see how close he really was. The loss of control time versus knowing if he was ready or really close would have tilited to knowing if he was ready/really close, given Braun is going 10/5.
                              - Quietly, Braun has pretty much come off the market.
                              - The move of Knebel to closer. Had the Brewers still been committed to rebuilding this year, they'd have left Feliz in the role longer and see if he could work out his issues. Feliz will still carry some value as a MR on the market, but it's notably less.
                              - Sitting Villar down for a couple days. This has been easily covered by keeping the white-hot Sogard in the lineup, but they're sending him a message.

Now, all this could change if the Brewers suck in the next month and fall out of contention. But if they keep playing well, I'd not be surprised if they're buyers (esp. for SP) instead of sellers.
                              All this may be true, but that is not the way to build a franchise. It is a recipe for staying stuck in the middle. They need to stay on the rebuild path to success.

Cubs homerism aside do you really think they are better than St.Louis?

They have some nice pieces but they are still pretty far away from winning anything.

It is going to be an interesting weekend series with the Cubs.

Comment

• The NL is a freaking wasteland this year. I think the Brewers can absolutely hang on for the wild card, especially if they deal one of their minor league bats for a controllable arm. Assuming the Dodgers get their act together, and so do the Cubs, then you've got the expected trio of division winners and then what? I'd bet on AZ at this point. If the humidor doesn't wreck their offense, they should walk into the playoffs - they could have an elite rotation when it gets humidified.

Pirates are done. Mets are probably done. Giants are probably done. Marlins and Braves and Phillies - ain't happening. Padres were out in February. Reds ain't happening either. So you've got the Rockies, Cards and Brewers.

Comment

Working...
                                X