• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
    Quietest exceptional performance of the first half:

31 year-old Junior Guerra, who had 4 IP prior to this season:
    13 GS, 6-2, 82 IP, 3.06/1.069

The Brewers are 10-3 in his starts, 28-46 otherwise.
    In the three losses, the Brewers have scored 2 combined runs.
    Last 7 starts:

- @OAK 7.0 IP, 2 R
    - _LAD 8.0 IP, 0 R
    - @WSN 7.1 IP, 0 R
    - _STL 5.2 IP, 3 R
    - @PIT 6.0 IP, 2 R
    - _CHC 6.1 IP, 1 R 0
    - _PIT 8.2 IP, 1 R

*MANCRUSH ACTIVATED*
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Arcia is being called up today.

Comment

• So with the acquisition of Travis Shaw and earlier Eric Thames, how is the depth chart playing out?

1B - Thames
        2B - Villar
        3B - Shaw
        SS - Arcia
        LF - Braun
        CF - Broxton
        RF - Santana

That leaves Hernan Perez, who had a breakout 2016, as a super-utility?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          So with the acquisition of Travis Shaw and earlier Eric Thames, how is the depth chart playing out?

1B - Thames
          2B - Villar
          3B - Shaw
          SS - Arcia
          LF - Braun
          CF - Broxton
          RF - Santana

That leaves Hernan Perez, who had a breakout 2016, as a super-utility?
          Braun will not be on the team this coming year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Braun will not be on the team this coming year.
            Maybe, maybe not. He's still owed $80m over four years, which perhaps is becoming a bargain for a player of his caliber. But, the four years also are for his age 33-36 seasons, so not sure how many teams want to get stuck with a declining asset either.

In any case, he's still on the team and the rumors for his services have grown quieter.

Comment

• Phil Bickford suspended 50-games for illegal drugs.

Comment

• Jimmy Nelson is now going to throw a splangeup (like Cobb & Odorizzi). He toyed with a changeup last spring but rarely used it. If this one sticks, will generate more swings and misses and could get him to or even above the 20% strikeout rate for the first time in his career.

Comment

• Jesus Aguilar made the team after hitting .463/.525/.870 in ST with six home runs. Thames is getting some time in the outfield, though I think he only plays LF and Braun isn't going anywhere, so it's probably just Thames and Aguilar fighting over at bats at first plus Braun getting some infrequent rest.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Aguilar has shown decent power in the minors and if Thames struggles he could get some PT. I'm not very high on the Brewer's first basemen.

Comment

• Wow, Jonathan Villar's second base defense through two games has been atrocious. Aside from his official throwing error, he's failed to cover the bag three times by my count, missed signs, dropped a routine double play turn, and dropped a fairly easy infield pop-up, resulting in multiple unearned runs. He is constantly out of position to make basic defensive plays. His defense is largely responsible for the Brewers' two tight losses to open the season. I know they're not playing for anything this year, but, damn, he needs to get a lot better at his new position, and fast.
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        Wow, Jonathan Villar's second base defense through two games has been atrocious. Aside from his official throwing error, he's failed to cover the bag three times by my count, missed signs, dropped a routine double play turn, and dropped a fairly easy infield pop-up, resulting in multiple unearned runs. He is constantly out of position to make basic defensive plays. His defense is largely responsible for the Brewers' two tight losses to open the season. I know they're not playing for anything this year, but, damn, he needs to get a lot better at his new position, and fast.
                        All true. He's been a train wreck defensively. Add in a baserunning error, and it's like I'm watching flashbacks of Dante Bichette again.

Most painful part of watching it is how perfect Colorado's infield plays.

P.S. And both Villar and Arcia with baserunning blunders and fielding mistakes in the first three innings tonight.
                        Last edited by chancellor; 04-05-2017, 08:07 PM.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Is Chase Anderson a legit pick up in 12 team mixed?

Apr 18 @ChC W, 6-3 W 5.0 1 0 5 3.60 1.60
                          Apr 13 @Tor W, 2-0 W 7.0 1 0 7 0.00 0.71
                          Apr 6 Col L, 2-1 - 6.0 0 0 4 1.50 0.83

Comment

• Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
                            Is Chase Anderson a legit pick up in 12 team mixed?
                            Of course! But, be quick to cut him if he reverts to prior form. I'd say three very strong starts against good offenses, one against the reigning Series champs, is enough to take a chance on him. Just don't stay around to long.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                              Of course! But, be quick to cut him if he reverts to prior form. I'd say three very strong starts against good offenses, one against the reigning Series champs, is enough to take a chance on him. Just don't stay around to long.
                              Has anything changed about his approach or mechanics?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Has anything changed about his approach or mechanics?
                                He's throwing his cutter a lot more (http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...on=P#pitchtype) but that's all I can see. Velocity looks about the same.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X