2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I would not use fWAR for older-era pitchers. The assumption behind fWAR is that pitchers don't have any control over outcomes on balls in play. That kinda sorta maybe works a little bit, though not really, in the current high-strikeout era. It works less well in older eras.
    Mixmaster Mike, can you suggest an alternate way for us to consider / compare across eras?

Comment

• Peralta out early on a batting swing. I’d bet oblique, but no announcement yet
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Might even be worse….something shoulder related.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
          Mixmaster Mike, can you suggest an alternate way for us to consider / compare across eras?
          bWAR is better than fWAR for that purpose. And ERA+ is fine, too. But to some extent, the changing roles of pitchers over time makes any comparison across multiple decades more difficult than comparing position players.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            bWAR is better than fWAR for that purpose. And ERA+ is fine, too. But to some extent, the changing roles of pitchers over time makes any comparison across multiple decades more difficult than comparing position players.
            No one compares to Rube Waddell

Comment

• the WAR numbers I got from BB-Ref (they do vary) in Post 545 struck me as fair to both these Brewers and the 1986 Mets.

comp of high volume/less dominance vs the reverse - and pretty much matching so far.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• What is wrong with Yelich? He is available in a trade but I cannot justified him helping my team.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  What is wrong with Yelich? He is available in a trade but I cannot justified him helping my team.
                  From a non-analytic standpoint:

- His timing due to lack of play has simply not come back.
                  - He became pull-happy.
                  - He's swinging at bad pitches he took for balls just two years ago.
                  - He's seeing more radical shifts, which is likely due to him becoming pull-happy.

If the deal is for this year only, I'm seeing a light, but a dim one, at the end of the tunnel. He's gone two straight days where he's gone to LF three times. But even as a Brewer homer, I'd have to get him on the cheap to deal for him this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    From a non-analytic standpoint:

- His timing due to lack of play has simply not come back.
                    - He became pull-happy.
                    - He's swinging at bad pitches he took for balls just two years ago.
                    - He's seeing more radical shifts, which is likely due to him becoming pull-happy.

If the deal is for this year only, I'm seeing a light, but a dim one, at the end of the tunnel. He's gone two straight days where he's gone to LF three times. But even as a Brewer homer, I'd have to get him on the cheap to deal for him this year.
                    There not many trade options out there and I could use help in the OF. I will try a low ball option.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      What is wrong with Yelich? He is available in a trade but I cannot justified him helping my team.
                      What a decline. Just a year ago, he was in the argument for the 1st overall pick, but next year, he’s more likely at best a 5th or 6th rounder, and that’s really just on rep than anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        What a decline. Just a year ago, he was in the argument for the 1st overall pick, but next year, he’s more likely at best a 5th or 6th rounder, and that’s really just on rep than anything else.
                        He has been a top-4 forever keeper for me for years, but I moved him to a dumper this year and JDM/SPerez/ARiley project to be his replacement (or I could go into the draft with an empty spot and draft from the players others throw back).

I found this in a web search.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I knew he would suck this year!
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            I knew he would suck this year!
                            I wish you told me before I traded for him!

Comment

• I will get him cheap next year when he is fully confident that his back is healed and stops playing with trepidation.

Comment

• Peralta to the IL, shoulder inflammation.

And Giannis is now a proud minority owner of the Brewers.

Comment

Working...
                                X