2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Freddy Peralta optioned to AAA today with the return of Chase Anderson.
    So with the return of Davies soon, that means it comes down to Suter or Woodruff for the final rotation spot. I think anyone with a fantasy horse n the race is pulling for Woodruff, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      So with the return of Davies soon, that means it comes down to Suter or Woodruff for the final rotation spot. I think anyone with a fantasy horse n the race is pulling for Woodruff, right?
      I'd expect so, and they'll probably be disappointed. Suter looked really good in his last outing.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Domingo Santana to AAA.

I get that the Brewers are in 1st, but I think they bungled their abundance of bats. They certainly should have moved Santana or Broxton to get an arm months ago. Now, it’s hard to say if these guys will fetch the the type of quality arm they need.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Domingo Santana to AAA.

I get that the Brewers are in 1st, but I think they bungled their abundance of bats. They certainly should have moved Santana or Broxton to get an arm months ago. Now, it’s hard to say if these guys will fetch the the type of quality arm they need.
          really bad job by the Brewers, a team that can use at least an arm and probably more.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Well....I dunno. Had someone been willing to pony up a premium arm for Domingo, I’d agree, but there’s no evidence that happened.

Brewers management was right about one thing - they were planning for injury, and Yelich, Thames, and Braun have all been down for some to extensive time. While some regression for Domingo made sense, no one figured he’d turn into Alcides Escobar without speed.

If they wasn’t to go for a premium arm, there’s still some very high end stock on the farm.

Comment

• Perhaps the Brewers should make a pitch for Fulmer but probably be expensive. J.A. Happ could be another possibility. MadBum? Then there is DeGrom but I believe he has 2 more years before free agent.

Comment

• Has anybody heard anything on Cain injury? Thinking of making an offer for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  Has anybody heard anything on Cain injury? Thinking of making an offer for him.
                  All press reports indicate a minimum DL stay. It seems correct on the surface - the strain was minor, and he had a pile of other dings, but all minor. That said, the Brewers management team is..well, somewhat Belichick-esque about injury stays, so there's some risk there.

Comment

All press reports indicate a minimum DL stay. It seems correct on the surface - the strain was minor, and he had a pile of other dings, but all minor. That said, the Brewers management team is..well, somewhat Belichick-esque about injury stays, so there's some risk there.
                    I just traded for him after I read that. I hope the reports are true because I need his bat and base stealing. Sounds like he will be back July 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      I just traded for him after I read that. I hope the reports are true because I need his bat and base stealing. Sounds like he will be back July 4.
                      Bad news - just heard his return has been pushed back until this weekend at least.

Comment

• Brent Suter, who was enjoying a nice campaign, has a torn UCL and will need Tommy John surgery

Comment

• Josh Hader to remain in the bullpen in 2019.

Comment

• BOO, says the guy with Jeffress for 1 and Knebel for 2

let Hader put on the big boy pants, Counsell!
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Yeah, I was pretty confident that Hader was staying in the bullpen. Even with Gio and Miley leaving via free agency, the Brewers have Chacin, Anderson, ZDavies, FPeralta, Woodruff, and Burnes healthy and Jimmy Nelson coming back from injury. And that assumes Guerra stays in the bullpen, which I think is also a given at this point.

Comment

Yeah, I was pretty confident that Hader was staying in the bullpen. Even with Gio and Miley leaving via free agency, the Brewers have Chacin, Anderson, ZDavies, FPeralta, Woodruff, and Burnes healthy and Jimmy Nelson coming back from injury. And that assumes Guerra stays in the bullpen, which I think is also a given at this point.
                                What's your early prediction for the rotation? I assume Chacin, Anders and Nelson (health permitting) are the locks. How do you handicap the last two spots?

Signed,
                                Freddy Peralta owner

Comment

Working...
                                X