2K24: Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I'm not sure that's a fair trade. What kind of chips?
    nicely played.

Comment

• What's up with Domingo Santana? Playing everyday, 1 HR, 1 SB, 8 RBI, 9 R, .330 SLG, 88 OPS+.

Comment

I'm not sure that's a fair trade. What kind of chips?
        Sun Chips...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          What's up with Domingo Santana? Playing everyday, 1 HR, 1 SB, 8 RBI, 9 R, .330 SLG, 88 OPS+.
          Ground balls. GB% up from 44.9 to 56.8. Hard hit rate hasn't changed much, hence the .384 BABIP. Walk rate down a tiny bit and K rate is a tiny bit worse. But until he figures out his swing path, the HRs may not come.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Jonathan Villar benched for the 3rd consecutive day.
            Jonathan Villar sits for the 6th day out of the last 7. Safe to say he's lost his job.

Comment

• Freddy Peralta...does this guy have pedigree? RW is reporting he is going to stick in the rotation after his dominant debut, in Colorado no less. I watched a highlight reel of all his strikeouts, and it looked like every single K pitch was a straight fastball...then I read this:
              Peralta rarely altered his approach of four-seamers up in the zone -- remarkably, 90 of his 98 pitches were fastballs (the other eight were curveballs).
              Doesnt sound like he is a long-termer - if he throws like that he is much more like a setup guy if you ask me....but that's why I bring it up because maybe Im missing something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Freddy Peralta...does this guy have pedigree? RW is reporting he is going to stick in the rotation after his dominant debut, in Colorado no less. I watched a highlight reel of all his strikeouts, and it looked like every single K pitch was a straight fastball...then I read this:
                Original intent was just to fill in for Chase Anderson while he does his 10-day DL stint. I don't see him as a long-term SP this year, but the Brewers are pretty desperate for SP help, and if he can continue to get outs, he'll stay around (ref Junior Guerra from a couple years back). Pedigree-wise, he's behind Woodruff and Burnes on the SP list, at a minimum, this year, and I'd assume Hader as well long-term.

Of course, as a Brewer fan, I can never, ever tell anyone to trust a pitcher with the family name of "Peralta".
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• So Peralta is pretty much some run of the mill SP who just pitched the game of his life?
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    So Peralta is pretty much some run of the mill SP who just pitched the game of his life?
                    Striking out > 30% of batters in the high minors is not really "run of the mill". And he's been doing that for the last couple years. He certainly has not been *this* good, but since he can miss bats there's some significant potential there.

Comment

Striking out > 30% of batters in the high minors is not really "run of the mill". And he's been doing that for the last couple years. He certainly has not been *this* good, but since he can miss bats there's some significant potential there.
                      Yes, this. He's found success every step of the way. He has a pedestrian fastball, but he has great movement on all of his stuff. He knows how to pitch. There is something here.

Comment

• Braun officially to DL.

Ji-Man Choi brought up, but it may be only for the series in Minnesota.

Comment

• Aguilar is raking. Braun is always hurt and Thames is due back in a month or so. Does Aguilar stick or at least play somewhere the majority of the time for the ROS?
                          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            Aguilar is raking. Braun is always hurt and Thames is due back in a month or so. Does Aguilar stick or at least play somewhere the majority of the time for the ROS?
                            Aguilar can only play first base. Yelich and Cain aren't going anywhere. So, Braun's big contract would have to be traded to make room for Thames in the outfield. And Domingo Santana looks like the odd man out no matter what happens.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Aguilar can only play first base. Yelich and Cain aren't going anywhere. So, Braun's big contract would have to be traded to make room for Thames in the outfield. And Domingo Santana looks like the odd man out no matter what happens.
                              Actually, Aguilar can play 3B competently. Not great, but if Shaw went down, he gives the Brewers another option there. All that said, if Thames and Braun get healthy, he'll see his PT go down considerably.

Comment

• Freddy Peralta optioned to AAA today with the return of Chase Anderson.

Comment

Working...
                                X