No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addison Russell placed on administrative leave for spousal abuse.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Addison Russell placed on administrative leave for spousal abuse.
      There's no way he's with the Cubs next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        The Cubs would have to resign Murphy to make Baez the everyday SS next year.

edit: Forgot about Zobrist. But i think Maddon prefers him to be the super utility guy.
        Last edited by madducks; 09-21-2018, 04:26 PM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Good riddance!
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Good riddance!
            Yep. No place for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              The Cubs would have to resign Murphy to make Baez the everyday SS next year.

edit: Forgot about Zobrist. But i think Maddon prefers him to be the super utility guy.
              Both Happ and Bote have significant professional experience at 2nd.

Comment

Good riddance!
                "I think given the facts last year, we handled it appropriately," Epstein said. "And given the new information that came to light late last night and early this morning, we're also handling it appropriately.

"It would not have been appropriate and would have sent the wrong message to have Addison wearing a Chicago Cubs uniform this morning. So we fully support the placement on administrative leave."

Comment

• Major League Baseball has suspended Addison Russell for 40 games without pay, retroactive to September 21, under its domestic violence policy.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A couple of sources report that Kris Bryant turned down $200 million or more in a contract extension. Hard for me to wrap my head around that.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      A couple of sources report that Kris Bryant turned down $200 million or more in a contract extension. Hard for me to wrap my head around that.
                      It is just business, like the way the Cubs kept him in the minors in 2015 to delay paying him. He is under contract for 3 more years. What will salaries look like then? Or maybe by then he won't want to play for them.

Still, he is gambling that his injury will not hinder his ability to perform. If he continues like this year it will be the Cubs who dodged a bullet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        It is just business, like the way the Cubs kept him in the minors in 2015 to delay paying him. He is under contract for 3 more years. What will salaries look like then? Or maybe by then he won't want to play for them.

Still, he is gambling that his injury will not hinder his ability to perform. If he continues like this year it will be the Cubs who dodged a bullet.
                        Yep, his durability is already a question mark so it's a big gamble, but I'm not surprised. It makes it harder for them to sign a big-name free agent.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• That is a gamble. I recall Juan Gonzalez turning down the Tigers offer 140 mil? which he lost big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                            That is a gamble. I recall Juan Gonzalez turning down the Tigers offer 140 mil? which he lost big time.
                            And how much did Bautista turn down? The egos on these guys are ginormous since they've had so much success in their lives.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

And how much did Bautista turn down? The egos on these guys are ginormous since they've had so much success in their lives.
                              I wonder how much of it is the guys and how much is agents...
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                I wonder how much of it is the guys and how much is agents...
                                I'd figure 90/10...if you were a player would you really let another person dictate your financial future?
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X